What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was trying to upload a blackbear tune I was getting those errors and I ended up pulling the fuse called CHMS (I think is mean chimes but could be wrong) and the radio fuse. Anyways it was causing communication interference.
I pulled the radio and the AMP fuse. So far, no "reduced engine power". But it is intermittent, so I am testing the crap out of it before saying that's it.

THANK you so much for the suggestion! I don't know if that's the fix, but it sure was an unconsidered path before you suggested it.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled the radio and the AMP fuse. So far, no "reduced engine power". But it is intermittent, so I am testing the crap out of it before saying that's it.

THANK you so much for the suggestion! I don't know if that's the fix, but it sure was an unconsidered path before you suggested it.
Hope it works don't forget about that CHSM (google says CHMSL) which it says has something to do with trailer lights?
I dunno, but it was really the one that did it for me if I remember right.
BlackBear was the real hero, I guess I wasn't the only one getting that error when trying to communicate with the port and upload a tune.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
News to me

A few of us have experienced that solution, including myself and @Rocket Man. There are a few statements in various posts about it.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope it works don't forget about that CHSM (google says CHMSL) which it says has something to do with trailer lights?
I dunno, but it was really the one that did it for me if I remember right.
BlackBear was the real hero, I guess I wasn't the only one getting that error when trying to communicate with the port and upload a tune.
I didn't see a fuse labelled that. So it's just the Amp fuse and the radio fuse. We're driving it around the house/city streets where limp mode isn't as much of a problem and it's driving fine. My wife has built up confidence to try driving it to work again!

I let her know the risks and greenlit her going if she accepted them.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a fuse labelled that. So it's just the Amp fuse and the radio fuse. We're driving it around the house/city streets where limp mode isn't as much of a problem and it's driving fine. My wife has built up confidence to try driving it to work again!

I let her know the risks and greenlit her going if she accepted them.
Glad it's going good so far hope that is a real step in narrowing the problem, just for my own sanity I found the fuse I was talking about it is in the alternate fuse box location (drivers side dash)

Attachments

• 20240829_145459.jpg
    20240829_145459.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24