What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garmoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
washed and waxed.. detailed interior.. then it f%$&#%^& rained.. there was no rain in the forecast for the next week lol.. then i washed and took of the rear bumper of my friends Ford Fusion. she knew i was washing it but not taking the bumper off to pop a dent out.. got the dent %90 of the way out.. it looks way better but not perfect.. she needs a new bumper anyway. *shrugs*

MrFleming007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my smoked cab lights!

32875415-9d68-ede4.jpg

mmeachem

Reaction score
Took pics of my Spectre 9900ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333314098.257267.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333314087.993899.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333314087.993899.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 29

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please reply on the wiring difficulties. Did you order the oem lights an make own harnes? Or a kit? Please elaborate.

MrFleming007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please reply on the wiring difficulties. Did you order the oem lights an make own harnes? Or a kit? Please elaborate.

I just ordered the cheaper LED kit off of Ebay. As long as you take your time and use a water sealant around the bottom of the gaskets, these kits work great! Wiring was extremely easy, just power and ground. Made my own harness and tapped into the factory marker lamp location in the passenger side junction box using a couple female spades. I actually have a factory plug for this spot that I'll get around to splicing into eventually, lol. As far as light locations, I used the factory body builder manual at www.gmupfitter.com.

This was actually my second time installing lights like these, as I had a set on my old Avalanche as well, so the pucker factor of drilling holes in the roof wasn't there, lol. On the avalanche I just used self tapping screws to secure the lights and really wasn't happy with that option. This time I used #8 Nylon anchor nuts similar to these

886374.jpg

and was a lot happier with the results. Also water sealed around the nuts, and used rubber bulkhead fittings for the wire pass throughs. Truck spent all day in the rain yesterday and didn't have a leak!

I suck. Whole time I was installing them I was thinking "I should be taking pictures to do a write up on this." :emotions122:

Here are a couple shots of the lights on the Avalanche. Again, the cheapo kit, but pre-LED. Never had an issue with these either!

clearlights.jpg
clearcloseup.jpg
clearlightsnight.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES