What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully have a new O2 sensor on the way, thanks again Sun!! Also having a problem with my alarm on the denali going off when it's not suppose to, hoping all you alarm guru's can chime in and help me out!!
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=476280#post476280

I had a similar alarm issue with my 99 Denali and it was completely random. It'd be sitting there for hours with alarm on and then at some random time it would give us two honks like the alarm was going off and then stop. No one was around it and it wasn't windy and the keys were on the counter so we know it wasn't the fob getting pressed in a pocket or something. Like it was just saying hello or something :lol: we never did figure out what the deal was with that.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar alarm issue with my 99 Denali and it was completely random. It'd be sitting there for hours with alarm on and then at some random time it would give us two honks like the alarm was going off and then stop. No one was around it and it wasn't windy and the keys were on the counter so we know it wasn't the fob getting pressed in a pocket or something. Like it was just saying hello or something :lol: we never did figure out what the deal was with that.

Yeah, I wish it only did the 2 chirps like is someone bumps into it but not hard enough to set off the alarm, but it skips the chirps (well at least the 2 times I've actually heard it) and goes completely off for 6-7 seconds and then the siren stops!! All 4 times it's gone off, the windows have been up, no wind or nothing to set it off, and the fob in nobody's hands!! I'm going to take the fob apart and make sure there isn't a button sticking causing it to randomly go into panic mode!! Need to figure this out before the neighbors wanna lynch me!! lol
By the way, thanks for your input!

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I wish it only did the 2 chirps like is someone bumps into it but not hard enough to set off the alarm, but it skips the chirps (well at least the 2 times I've actually heard it) and goes completely off for 6-7 seconds and then the siren stops!! All 4 times it's gone off, the windows have been up, no wind or nothing to set it off, and the fob in nobody's hands!! I'm going to take the fob apart and make sure there isn't a button sticking causing it to randomly go into panic mode!! Need to figure this out before the neighbors wanna lynch me!! lol
By the way, thanks for your input!

Have you checked the voltage on your battery? Sounds like you battery is going out. Mine was doing the same thing for a while. For some reason when the voltage drops to a certain level it will trigger the alarm to go off. I didn't know it was the battery until it totally gave out and I had to replace it. That is when the alarm stopped its craziness.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the voltage on your battery? Sounds like you battery is going out. Mine was doing the same thing for a while. For some reason when the voltage drops to a certain level it will trigger the alarm to go off. I didn't know it was the battery until it totally gave out and I had to replace it. That is when the alarm stopped its craziness.

I bought the battery about 5 months ago brand new, and it's the biggest Interstate battery I could get!! But it's still a great idea and will check it anyways here in a bit!

dznutts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed chrome inner door handles.:Wedgie:

Attachments

• 20120510_163208.jpg
    20120510_163208.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 32
  • 20120510_163217.jpg
    20120510_163217.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 20120510_163232.jpg
    20120510_163232.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 33

The 'ER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got dirty. A guy at work drove his little F-150 through a puddle and said it was really deep (he was in 4 wheel drive :chicken: ). So I HAD to go as well and it was a little puddle. The pics are before and after the deepest part but it maybe went up to the middle of my rims. I did get dirty though. :rocking:

Attachments

• DSCF6605.jpg
    DSCF6605.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF6606.jpg
    DSCF6606.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 39

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
DaRosa, looks really clean!!!!! Couldn't stay away huh?!? Lol

No way man, I couldn't stay away any longer...The TahoeYukon Forum is like one big family to me! Just happy to be back in a Hoe :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Layed down some Mothers Stage 3 wax and smoked the tails. Still trying to put the interior back together. Someone broke in and stole the Pioneer flip up DVD deck when previous owner had it and most of the dash got smashed up. Looking to swap out the 94 dash for a 99 Eski setup.

So, before:

8a2116c7.jpg

3e569323.jpg

After, smoked tails:

c1ca755f.jpg

584f4005.jpg

And the wax job :)

190d26c0.jpg

59a731cb.jpg

Still need to take pics of the interior when its all cleaned up

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
Just got back to WA State today. I took her out and noticed a check oil level sign was flashing. I got some stop leak stuff. I am looking to possibly drain my transmission fluid this weekend. I gave her na quick clean up with the new Cal Car Cleaner brush. Thing works fairly well. I was surprised. Took lot of surface dust off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus