What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put on a CF (Regency) dash surround, swapped out denali one
&
Thanks to some DFJA, I have custom dents and scratches on my Denali rear cover.

Smoke Em All

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did my own LED conversion. It's supposed to be UV. Although it didn't glow like I expected I like. Everyone does blue and I tried red and hated it so I figured I'd try something I hadn't seen. Pics aren't the greatest but, I think you guys get the point. Will be doing the rest of the interior soon.
uploadfromtaptalk1404444638676.jpguploadfromtaptalk1404444647237.jpguploadfromtaptalk1404444654472.jpg

The 'ER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to take to the ditch on a curve... Old lady in a Buick tried to go head on with me on a curve. Lucky for me there was a sheriff sitting on the corner (there is a very popular bar just down the road) and he flipped on the cherries and pulled her over. She was in my lane and I was staring down the grill... Lucky there was a wide ditch and I put all 4 tires in the grass and pulled back onto the road. I was more pissed than anything...

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the kit is just for one door. Super easy though I did it by myself in about 30 mins the part that took the longest was grinding the original hinge pins out. They usually have a couple kits in stock. I didn't think it would help but it really did I was impressed. My door had a lot of play in it but I expected that since they were the original hinge pins and bushings and had 300k on them the bushings were complete junk especially the bottom it wasn't much of a bushing anymore. I say go for it its worth a shot

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Put a battery in it the duralast junk that was in finally gave up guess it lost a cell not sure. Its going on vacation to myrtle beach next week
IMG_2977_zps488c1907.jpg

Thanks for the info, will probably buy 2 sets and redo the front doors! Hoping it works, sometimes that wind noise drives me up the wall on long trips and would be cool if this would fix it!

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, will probably buy 2 sets and redo the front doors! Hoping it works, sometimes that wind noise drives me up the wall on long trips and would be cool if this would fix it!

You're welcome and I know what you mean the wind noise on mine was about to drive me up the wall it was only at speeds above 45 mph though coming through on the a-pillar

indigent

Reaction score
What was your hvac doing (or not doing) that made you change that out? I ask because I think mine needs to be replaced as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

The blower selector would not work in position #5, first checked the fuse under the hood and when that wasn't blown a quick search here led me to the instructions to change the part out........

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine doesn't blow air at all on any position, that's why I was wondering. My fuses are good and tested my blower motor and it fires right up. Guess I'll give the resistor a shot.

The 'ER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine doesn't blow air at all on any position, that's why I was wondering. My fuses are good and tested my blower motor and it fires right up. Guess I'll give the resistor a shot.

I have replaced mine 5 or 6 times now and I always carry a spare. They are very common to see go bad in our year trucks...