What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
The paint on the inside of my handles is coming off. Can I just take the lever part out and just redo all the paint on that?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The paint on the inside of my handles is coming off. Can I just take the lever part out and just redo all the paint on that?

Yes you can pull just the lever apart. Pull the door handle off the door and look at how it is attached to the lever.

Should be two pins and the spring mechanism. Take a picture of how it goes together because that litttle spring will drive you crazy going back in.

If I remember correctly, OEM handles have a metal pin and the aftermarket handles have a plastic, slightly different pin that is not favorable with removal and replacement.

My driver handle was rusted out at the lock, so I ordered a new one and was able to canniblaize between the handles thus giving me extra parts.

In hindsight, I should have hit the junkyard at the time.

But this way will give you full paint coverage behind the handle that you might not achieve properly otherwise.

Just my .02.

TM98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stopped by the local Pick-N-Pull and picked up a rear seat handle. They got in a Suburban. They email me when they get new Tahoes/Suburbans/Yukons. I'm always on the lookout for stuff. :)

medium800.jpg

Also borrowed a friend's Matco scanner so I could do the ABS module self bleed. It worked great! My only complaint is that I had removed the master cylinder reservoir and cleaned it out. It was nice and pretty. Now it's dirty again. It's worth it. The brakes feel much better after the self bleed.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg
What is the ABS module self bleed?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Got my Timken hubs and Dorman dust shields in. Living room is filling up with parts. Let me see now...I have hubs and dust shields, knock sensors and harness, oil pressure sending unit, valley cover gasket, and a Whipple all waiting to be installed. Got my work cut out for me for sure.

Yeah, buddy. Better get those wrenches shined up!

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the ABS module self bleed?

There's a function in the ABS module for a self bleed that's accessible through the ABS computer. The ABS doesn't get bled when you do a regular brake bleed. I've read tee only other way to get air out of it is to take it out on a wet road and jam on the brakes a few times. There are youtube videos on that. I can't verify if that works one way or the other though. If you don't have access to a GM tech 2 (or similar) scanner, you can have this done at a shop. Only takes a few minutes.

Aleks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Man, I hope the shop did this when I had them flush out my brake system and replace with new fluid.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LACajun