What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s so many components to the fuel pump module and no easy way to test them individually- FPR, level sensor, filter, pump- so it’s easier to just replace the whole shebang once that tank is dropped. Kinda crazy.

Agreed. It all has the same mileage/wear and takes the same amount of work to get down to that point.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I ordered a bunch of wix filters for my 5.3L Tahoe, rock auto finally has them back in stock but limited stock so whoever favors those filtered get them while they are there! Still less then $7 a pop

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I ordered a bunch of wix filters for my 5.3L Tahoe, rock auto finally has them back in stock but limited stock so whoever favors those filtered get them while they are there! Still less then $7 a pop
Maybe that’s why they keep running out, because people are ordering a bunch at one time. It’s the same with everything. If people would just order what they need things might settle down. I’m reminded of the toilet paper hoarding when I read things like this. How many oil filters do you need for the next six months? Sheesh. :mad:

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe that’s why they keep running out, because people are ordering a bunch at one time. It’s the same with everything. If people would just order what they need things might settle down. I’m reminded of the toilet paper hoarding when I read things like this. How many oil filters do you need for the next six months? Sheesh. :mad:
4 oil filters are not really buying out the place and hoarding like a closet full easy there, so yes if this problem is going to continue I am not going to step down to a lower quality filter & drive to 5 stores just for a oil change. No need to cry.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score

51042XP Wix i would buy if i was i a jam waiting for my royal purple but looks like their out of stock on that one.I have learned to buy 2 at a time in case something would happen to the one on the tahoe.Waiting for an oil filter to come back in stock is ridiculous.​

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 oil filters are not really buying out the place and hoarding like a closet full easy there
It is when everybody who usually buys one now buy 4 each. Our supply chain is designed for just-in-time delivery. Everybody buying 2, 3 or 4 times as much each completely throws everything out of balance. It has an extreme effect. They don’t have enough supply for that, so say what you want in your defense but if tens of thousands of people decide to buy 2 to 4 times as much at one time when you don’t need that right now, the rest of us will pay by finding they’re out of what we need. You are part of the problem by thinking that way. It’s happening with everything. People are stocking up on things which makes the suppliers run out. So again, do you need 4 filters? Does everybody suddenly need 4 of everything? If so, we are screwed.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

51042XP Wix i would buy if i was i a jam waiting for my royal purple but looks like their out of stock on that one.I have learned to buy 2 at a time in case something would happen to the one on the tahoe.Waiting for an oil filter to come back in stock is ridiculous.​

Yes, and you should have one filter on your shelf for your next oil change along with the oil needed. That way when you change your oil, you order another filter and you now have months before you need it. If it’s out of stock when you need it, I’m sure in the next 2-3 months it will be back in stock. It’s not difficult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMCO