What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02yukxl

Reaction score
I'll buy them cheap and fix a few things. Put the newer style wheels on. Detail them, and then post them for sale for a profit. I bought my last one for $2800 paid $900 for the wheels and tires. New LED taillights. And did the 03-06 double din upgrade. Basic updates on the 02 and had right under $4000 into it and took a cash offer of $7500 for it. It's like a little hobby for me and helps pay for the medical bills for our 4 year old son with autism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll buy them cheap and fix a few things. Put the newer style wheels on. Detail them, and then post them for sale for a profit. I bought my last one for $2800 paid $900 for the wheels and tires. New LED taillights. And did the 03-06 double din upgrade. Basic updates on the 02 and had right under $4000 into it and took a cash offer of $7500 for it. It's like a little hobby for me and helps pay for the medical bills for our 4 year old son with autism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes a lot of sense, WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to upgrade my OEM bulbs.

After purchasing yesterday, I installed Sylvania SZ Silverstar ZXE bulbs today:

- 9005/High Beam
- 9006/Low Beam
- 880 ST/Fog Light

Can't really tell a HUGE difference when looking at the truck, but while driving, things ahead appear quite a bit brighter.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered a present. Wait n see. I will say it has not been done before. Well at least 8 hours of internet searching I have yet to find it done.

Mechahead

Reaction score
Changed oil and filter, differential and transfer case fluids. Put in led DRLs. Put on the winter wheels and tires finally. And a of course gave it a bath.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419106675531.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419106675531.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 22

foxtrot moon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried to install vent visors, ended up breaking the first one so I threw the whole package away. I just stuck it on without reading the instructions... So the part that's suppose to be "behind" the mirror wasn't, so I tried to gently pull it off and pop went the visor.

I'll try again after the new year...

Marv02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear main Seal

Started replacing my rear main seal.

Pulled all apart it a 4X4 didn't separated the transfer case.
Removed the Cross member where the torsion bars and key mounts, removed the Exhaust Y pipe, trans cross member and side the trans back about 8 inch.

I also pull the spark plugs so turn the motor over to get to the torque convertor bolts, pulled the oil dip stick so it be easier to move the starter out of the way

Removed the rear main seal and backing plate replaced both of them.

Started putting it back together have most of together it but ran out day light so I will finish up tomorrow.

This a job I really did not want to do but paying some one else $900.00 to install a $30.00 part I do it my self.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to install vent visors, ended up breaking the first one so I threw the whole package away. I just stuck it on without reading the instructions... So the part that's suppose to be "behind" the mirror wasn't, so I tried to gently pull it off and pop went the visor.

I'll try again after the new year...

And this is why instructions are written, .......... for you to READ!!!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol: @ installing vent visors wrong

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968