What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebwlife

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow really cool CNG conversion. More pics of the conversion itself!!

here are some pictures of the systems:

this is the fuel gage and on off switch, can switch on the fly with zero hick-ups. Also with this system they tune out the active fuel management, so I have no 4 cylinder operations. I have all 8 cylinders all the time (even when running on gasoline)
20141122-131749.jpg

tanks covered by steel skid plate, spare is now in the back cargo area....
20141122-131810.jpg

Control valve and pressure regulator
20141122-131851.jpg

Bi-Fuel rails that are aftermarket
20141122-131902.jpg

Last edited:

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is friggin awesome. What's the converted mpg equivalent? Power difference? I used to see a bunch of CNG vehicles when I lived in FL. McDill AFB ran all their base vehicles on it.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went from black 26s to chrome 24s. Looks much better, IMO, and even my wife who kind liked the blacks already, agrees. Rides better, too.

JR4bJl.jpg

974NYT.jpg

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Looks good, im a blackedout kinda guy, but looks good. Seriously though, you need a drop. At least drop the rear 2" to level it out

thebwlife

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That is friggin awesome. What's the converted mpg equivalent? Power difference? I used to see a bunch of CNG vehicles when I lived in FL. McDill AFB ran all their base vehicles on it.

It's tough to get the MPG equivalent because the system starts and warms up on gasoline then switches over once operating temperture is met. But I do it on a cost per mile basis and I'm averaging $.08 per/mile @ 17.6 MPG - this is mixed fuel usage. So that's about 1/2 the cost of gasoline on a per/mile basis. But remember that I only have a 9 gal tank and really it only uses about 7 gal before reading empty. So filling it all the time up is a bit of a pain.

Power difference is about 25% less, CNG sales people say it's its zero but there is some torque loss for sure. Mostly of my miles are highway with cruise control so I rarely notice. If I was going to tow I'd just turn the CNG off, it's really the best of both worlds. Also not having fuel management is great, most people who turn this off via tune don't notice any difference in MPG anyway.

Last edited:

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, im a blackedout kinda guy, but looks good. Seriously though, you need a drop. At least drop the rear 2" to level it out

Ghe guy I traded the wheels wth had the same exact truck than my wife and was just now starting with the blacked out theme. I like the blingbling factor more.

Definitely agree on the levelling. Just need to sell my wife on the idea, too.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's tough to get the MPG equivalent because the system starts and warms up on gasoline then switches over once operating temperture is met. But I do it on a cost per mile basis and I'm averaging $.08 per/mile @ 17.6 MPG - this is mixed fuel usage. So that's about 1/2 the cost of gasoline on a per/mile basis. But remember that I only have a 9 gal tank and really it only uses about 7 gal before reading empty. So filling it all the time up is a bit of a pain.

Power difference is about 25% less, CNG sales people say it's its zero but there is some torque loss for sure. Mostly of my miles are highway with cruise control so I rarely notice. If I was going to to I'd just turn the CNG off, it's reallybthe best of both worlds. Also not having fuel management is great, most people who turn this off via tune don't notice any difference in MPG anyway.
Yeah, that's about half my cost per mile. Cool stuff.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned TB and MAF and now the truck idles between 1500-2500. I guess it's trying to relearn the idle. I hope...

TB sure was dirty, so I hope that was it for the CEL. Drove it for a bit and at least so far it hasn't reappeared.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Checked in on her from across the planet on my garage security camera. She looks lonely.

d94359afb45e6911dd1be2b227a829bd.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suburbanchevy

Latest posts