What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the serpentine and a/c belt, along with the tensioner and idler pulley. Bought it as a kit last month because in cold weather my tensioner/belt makes a funny noise.

The belts actually looked decent, no cracks in the ribs, so I'm keeping them as backups. Who knows when they were replaced last. I bought the vehicle in August 2018 with 105k on it. One owner trade-in on new vehicle at GMC dealership, so they might've replaced them before they put it up for sale.

Took me a while to figure out the Lisle stretch belt tool to get the old belt off and new belt on. I was just going to cut off the old belt, but the numbers stamped on it indicating the length was about 2" longer than the new one, so I wanted to save it in-case the new one didn't fit and I could put the old one back on.

Also replaced the autoride air compressor. Those metal wire clips that secure the air lines are little bitches to get back on the connector if it pops off. I had two of them do that and after spending about 20 mins f*ing with it finally figured out a way that worked well and was able to do the other one in like a minute...lol.

All total took about 2 hours

Store the belts and the tool in the truck. On my ex-work van, I had a tiny pebble wedge itself in between two ribs on the A/C compressor pulley and shred the belt. I was three hours from home when it happened. That was also when I learned about the stretch belt.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Looking at used engine hoists, this popped up as suggested.
upload_2021-3-8_19-41-4.png

it would require my hoe to make a good 600 mile round trip.
But my in-laws have a condo down there...

Guess i could store it in their garage until the hoe is done.

:hmmm2:

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Store the belts and the tool in the truck. On my ex-work van, I had a tiny pebble wedge itself in between two ribs on the A/C compressor pulley and shred the belt. I was three hours from home when it happened. That was also when I learned about the stretch belt.
This isa good suggestion but how about something to turn the engine with?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t wanna be without AC in weezianna do you?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This isa good suggestion but how about something to turn the engine with?

One should NEVER go on a road trip with no tools.

I wonder if they make an adapter to go from the lug nut size to the crank bolt size. With this, you could use the factory lug wrench or one of those extendable lug wrenches as a long-handled wrench. All you'd need is to weld a 22mm bolt head to the back of a 24mm socket, maybe a cheap cut-down HF impact socket.