What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Hell naw. This was during the summer, of course. That was a loud and hot drive back home. Had the windows down, but the wind was just hot, wet and sticky.

Got me thinking about doing the ac compressor again.

July is going to be a trip to the coast in the hoe.
It would suuuck to loose ac in the middle of it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell naw. This was during the summer, of course. That was a loud and hot drive back home. Had the windows down, but the wind was just hot, wet and sticky.
Yeah windows down doesn’t help when it’s hot and humid af.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So converters for the 6l80
Looking over circle d's stuff,
I see a good looking option for under 1k
https://www.circledspecialties.com/gm-300mm-hp-6l90-ls-torque-converter-2
states a twin disk lockup

And then the rest appears to be over 1k
Like this option with triple disk selected is over 1300
https://www.circledspecialties.com/6l80e-pro-series-265mm

I suspect it's overkill for my intended use.

What one is everyone buying?
:yuno:

Unless your going to build a 1000 rwhp rig, no need for those big twin disc verters.

I got the Circle D 6L80 3200 stall, only option I pony'd up for was the billet where that makes the converter stronger.

Around town, drives like a stock converter...............now when you put the pedal down, its fun. Its like the best of both worlds.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One should NEVER go on a road trip with no tools.

I wonder if they make an adapter to go from the lug nut size to the crank bolt size. With this, you could use the factory lug wrench or one of those extendable lug wrenches as a long-handled wrench. All you'd need is to weld a 22mm bolt head to the back of a 24mm socket, maybe a cheap cut-down HF impact socket.
Or....take a 24” long 1/2” drive breaker bar and a couple sockets.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

I wonder if they make an adapter to go from the lug nut size to the crank bolt size. With this, you could use the factory lug wrench or one of those extendable lug wrenches as a long-handled wrench. All you'd need is to weld a 22mm bolt head to the back of a 24mm socket, maybe a cheap cut-down HF impact socket.
I can make an adapted like that or just have the breaker bar and socket. There may not be room for the lug wrench anyway.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

I need to setup a dedicated kit that stays in my truck again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius