What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I try to just keep it limited to what I would need to change the radiator, battery, water pump, alternator, maybe a wheel hub. not gonna try and do major stuff in a parking lot somewhere, I have had AAA roadside for like 15+years so getting it towed a distance if needed is no biggie

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have AAA+ with 200 mile towing but last time when I did my reverse WOT specialty the dude wouldn’t let me ride in the tow truck because of Covid. Luckily I was within walking distance of home but I guess I could have called Uber, they’re operating again. But not sure if the tow companies are letting people in their trucks yet.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah I have AAA+ with 200 mile towing but last time when I did my reverse WOT specialty the dude wouldn’t let me ride in the tow truck because of Covid. Luckily I was within walking distance of home but I guess I could have called Uber, they’re operating again. But not sure if the tow companies are letting people in their trucks yet.
I don't see how they get away with that. I'd think it would be a huge liability for AAA.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see how they get away with that. I'd think it would be a huge liability for AAA.
What, you mean not let people in the tow truck? The tow companies are only paid by AAA, not owned by them. The tow companies set their own policies. Nothing AAA can do about that.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
What, you mean not let people in the tow truck? The tow companies are only paid by AAA, not owned by them. The tow companies set their own policies. Nothing AAA can do about that.
Yeah, letting people NOT ride with them. Didn't someone say a driver said that was AAA's policy but not their towing company's? What if someone gets stuck in a bad area(rhetorical question) and can't get a ride, and the driver refuses to let them get in?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
same situation if I broke down with the whole family on a road trip were gonna have to get a rental or something were not all going to fit in a tow truck, most of them only allow 1 or 2 passengers when they do allow them.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO this is a must along with a plug kit. A quality one that won't overheat and take a shit on you:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MMGLNHC/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This shit I carry all the time, fits in 2 milk crates behind rear seat and glove box/under pass/2nd row seats:

Jug of Oil
Jug of A/F
Jug of washer fluid
Run of the mill 100 pc or so tool kit that has pliers and cutters etc
Bag of zip ties
Rags
Blanket
WD-40
Funnel
Tie wire
Flashlight
Heavy pocket knife
Spare bulbs, fuses
Tire pressure gauge
Trim tools
Tow strap with hooks
Heavy, quality jumper cables
Probably a couple other things I am forgetting

I also keep a barbed heater hose connector in one of the heater lines with extra spring clamps on it in case one breaks I can just cut it and connect it into a bypass mode. I don't keep tape in there it seems to melt and get all ****** after a while.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, letting people NOT ride with them. Didn't someone say a driver said that was AAA's policy but not their towing company's? What if someone gets stuck in a bad area(rhetorical question) and can't get a ride, and the driver refuses to let them get in?
IDK but you have the right to refuse a tow so you could stay in your broke down vehicle if you felt better. You don’t have the right to possibly infect a tow driver with Covid though, they have the right to protect themselves. There’s no way you can force someone to be in a small enclosed space right now no matter what. If you’re that concerned about being in an unsafe place you can call the police I guess. I know there was a time that you couldn’t get an Uber or cab for awhile when this shit first started, and then they modified their vehicles with plastic screens and of course you ride in the back, behind the plastic. You can’t do that in a single cab tow truck, which almost all of them are. I don’t remember seeing any crew cab tow trucks. So right now afaik, you still can’t ride in the cab of a tow truck- you have to call an Uber or cab and it’s up to you to get yourself home. I don’t think there’s anything in AAA’s policies that states they have to take YOU anywhere, just your vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rescurat