What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
IDK but you have the right to refuse a tow so you could stay in your broke down vehicle if you felt better. You don’t have the right to possibly infect a tow driver with Covid though, they have the right to protect themselves. There’s no way you can force someone to be in a small enclosed space right now no matter what. If you’re that concerned about being in an unsafe place you can call the police I guess. I know there was a time that you couldn’t get an Uber or cab for awhile when this shit first started, and then they modified their vehicles with plastic screens and of course you ride in the back, behind the plastic. You can’t do that in a single cab tow truck, which almost all of them are. I don’t remember seeing any crew cab tow trucks. So right now afaik, you still can’t ride in the cab of a tow truck- you have to call an Uber or cab and it’s up to you to get yourself home. I don’t think there’s anything in AAA’s policies that states they have to take YOU anywhere, just your vehicle.
I'm not trying to start any kind of debate. Of course someone shouldn't be allowed to get in if they don't have a mask--and they shouldn't expect to be let in. I'm sure you remember all the times I broke down on the side of the road--I'm just thinking what a messed up feeling that was/is, and not being allowed to get in would just be rubbing salt in the wound--for me. End of rant.

Reaction score
IMO this is a must along with a plug kit. A quality one that won't overheat and take a shit on you:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MMGLNHC/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This shit I carry all the time, fits in 2 milk crates behind rear seat and glove box/under pass/2nd row seats:

Jug of Oil
Jug of A/F
Jug of washer fluid
Run of the mill 100 pc or so tool kit that has pliers and cutters etc
Bag of zip ties
Rags
Blanket
WD-40
Funnel
Tie wire
Flashlight
Heavy pocket knife
Spare bulbs, fuses
Tire pressure gauge
Trim tools
Tow strap with hooks
Heavy, quality jumper cables
Probably a couple other things I am forgetting

I also keep a barbed heater hose connector in one of the heater lines with extra spring clamps on it in case one breaks I can just cut it and connect it into a bypass mode. I don't keep tape in there it seems to melt and get all ****** after a while.

Nealy Tire Repair Kit, plugs the hole from the inside and can be done while wheel is still on the vehicle. Comes in a small convenient 1.5" diameter x 8" long tube with the install tool and plugs

https://www.nealeytirerepairkit.com/

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Usually i keep it pretty simple
Normal pliers, crescent wrench, slotted and Phillips screw driver, bailing wire of some sort, electrical tape, electric air pump for tires, and a tire patch kit.

In the vette it's that, but i added a set of metric wrenches with geared ends and swivel heads (cheap $40 set from amazon).

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
and i am now a proud owner of a very old engine hoist.
Next i need to go to harbor freight and get their engine stand.

And I have this baby on order: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XSCEJY

Last engine i pulled, i used a cheap harbor fright leveler and sucked balls due to all of the slop.
This one has bearings on the ends!!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually i keep it pretty simple
Normal pliers, crescent wrench, slotted and Phillips screw driver, bailing wire of some sort, electrical tape, electric air pump for tires, and a tire patch kit.

In the vette it's that, but i added a set of metric wrenches with geared ends and swivel heads (cheap $40 set from amazon).
That’s about what I have now, just no wrenches. Tire plug kit, compressor, lithium ion jump start battery, pliers, vice grips, screwdrivers, tape, crescent, etc. I just feel I need a few more items but I want to be able to stash them and not have a toolbox banging around or taking up room.

Reaction score
and i am now a proud owner of a very old engine hoist.
Next i need to go to harbor freight and get their engine stand.

And I have this baby on order: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XSCEJY

Last engine i pulled, i used a cheap harbor fright leveler and sucked balls due to all of the slop.
This one has bearings on the ends!!
Harbor Freight sold that same folding engine hoist in orange up till a couple years ago, now all their stuff is grey.

I did the same with the leveler. Bought the harbor freight one and after one use pitched it in the trash and bought a better one.

I also have the 1000lb engine stand. I wish it was the folding one, the base takes up a lot of space. Their folding one is like twice the price though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Harbor Freight sold that same folding engine hoist in orange up till a couple years ago, now all their stuff is grey.

I did the same with the leveler. Bought the harbor freight one and after one use pitched it in the trash and bought a better one.

I also have the 1000lb engine stand. I wish it was the folding one, the base takes up a lot of space. Their folding one is like twice the price though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah i saw their folding one, tempting but the 1k lb one is only 60 or 70 bucks.
so i'm going that route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rescurat