What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good! You didn't tell me about your 6.2 Silvy, was it an NHT with 3.73 gears?

Those things kill your gas mileage.
Yessir. And I was joking actually. I see people with their little crossovers with a giant rooftop carrier on them and they leave them on all the time. I always think maybe they should have bought a real SUV if they needed that much space. I can see putting one on for a trip but to have one permanently mounted up there especially with a little vehicle is kinda pointless. I always wonder how those rigs perform on the freeway with their lack of power and a big old sail on their roof.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Learned a neat thing today. With my tech2 I was able to set my HVAC display to show the ambient outside temp. Just go to module setup and there is an option to turn it on.

Anyway, need someone with a tech2 to confirm a thing for me. It is about 60* out today and I have my HVAC in auto at 74* with the rear heat HVAC toggled on from the front control. I noted cool air blowing from the upper rear vents. If I increase the system temperature on the main control the air flow from the upper vents decreases and heat blows from the lower vents. All the modes work as they should in manual. Controlling from the front display I can switch to all three modes and increase and decrease temperature as expected in each. The rear HVAC follows the front as expected. Now, the off thing is that on my tech2 when I am commanding the rear air temp door the operation is opposite the command. If I command HOT it gets COLD and vice versus. Does anybody else's act this way? Note, I did replace the rear HVAC control about a year ago with an AC Delco unit from RA.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Learned a neat thing today. With my tech2 I was able to set my HVAC display to show the ambient outside temp. Just go to module setup and there is an option to turn it on.

Anyway, need someone with a tech2 to confirm a thing for me. It is about 60* out today and I have my HVAC in auto at 74* with the rear heat HVAC toggled on from the front control. I noted cool air blowing from the upper rear vents. If I increase the system temperature on the main control the air flow from the upper vents decreases and heat blows from the lower vents. All the modes work as they should in manual. Controlling from the front display I can switch to all three modes and increase and decrease temperature as expected in each. The rear HVAC follows the front as expected. Now, the off thing is that on my tech2 when I am commanding the rear air temp door the operation is opposite the command. If I command HOT it gets COLD and vice versus. Does anybody else's act this way? Note, I did replace the rear HVAC control about a year ago with an AC Delco unit from RA.
I found out about that display feature when I programmed my hvac control head with the latest software, then realized it’s already displayed on my rear view mirror so I changed it back. No need to have it in 2 places. I would check out that rear temp control but this is in my Silverado so no rear heat.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced the A/C delco "professional" water pump with a new OEM one. Water temps 20-25 degrees cooler...

Never buying the professional line stuff again.
I don’t understand why they call it “Professional” when it’s the low grade line. Seems like if a guy sees professional it should be better than original.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand why they call it “Professional” when it’s the low grade line. Seems like if a guy sees professional it should be better than original.

It's a marketing ploy. I knew it wasn't as good as OEM but I figured it would be better than this. My "professional" alternator is fine but I am replacing it after 2 years as well.

Reaction score

Does the temp still show on the DIC?

I've seen that option in the tech2, but I think @Doubeleive might be able to fill you in more on the problem he had and what the symptoms were. Basically I think when its programmed to show the outdoor temp its actually wrong for our model and it will act strange.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Does the temp still show on the DIC?

I've seen that option in the tech2, but I think @Doubeleive might be able to fill you in more on the problem he had and what the symptoms were. Basically I think when its programmed to show the outdoor temp its actually wrong for our model and it will act strange.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Maybe so on the outdoor temp. I am hoping someone will confirm how their rear HVAC responds to the same settings as mine so I can tell if I have a problem or not. The strange operation existed beforeI changed the outdoor temp display.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmds3