What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I just had a minute before I had to come back in and feed the dogs. It was my first time in the body module, so I was just banging around. I can confirm that while the blower seems to correlate with regard to blowing harder as percentages go up, the aux temps seemed to be reversed. My temp goes from 100% at 60F to 22% at 90F. I didn't have time to figure out how to command things from the Tech 2, so that was just display reactions to manual inputs on the rear head.
Thanks!

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Will your Tech 2 read your current calibrations? You could probably enter your VIN here https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/ to see the calibration history and availability, and check those against what your scanner tells you is currently being used.
I went there with my VIN and confirmed I have all three current calibrations. I was able to read them from the module with my Tech2.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I confirmed the rear temp door operation counts go lower for heat and higher for cooling. This is opposite what the tech2 commands for heat and cool for the rear. The front follows as expected and goes hot or cold as commanded by the tech2. As I select higher or lower temperatures on the truck display the rear actuator follows the front ones. What I did note is that the rear mode door will dwell somewhere in the middle and move air flow to the lower vents as the call for heat increases and move towards the upper vents as it decreases. This is while the front mode remains to the floor.
When the temperature is satisficed it blows gently out of both but is just a little cool. All these operations performed in AUTO. Manual control results in all expected results from all controls.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I confirmed the rear temp door operation counts go lower for heat and higher for cooling. This is opposite what the tech2 commands for heat and cool for the rear. The front follows as expected and goes hot or cold as commanded by the tech2. As I select higher or lower temperatures on the truck display the rear actuator follows the front ones. What I did note is that the rear mode door will dwell somewhere in the middle and move air flow to the lower vents as the call for heat increases and move towards the upper vents as it decreases. This is while the front mode remains to the floor.
When the temperature is satisficed it blows gently out of both but is just a little cool. All these operations performed in AUTO. Manual control results in all expected results from all controls.

One other thing I noted was that there was only an asterisk by the Rear Ambient Temp Sensor, no value shown. I don't see an ambient sensor further back in the truck

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One other thing I noted was that there was only an asterisk by the Rear Ambient Temp Sensor, no value shown. I don't see an ambient sensor further back in the truck

I just finished trying to replicate your results and when I finally started to figure out the navigation, my results are the same as yours exactly, including the * for the RATS.

I did try to change the Ambient temp display and it said I had the wrong model. I suspect the 2007 doesn't support displaying Ambient Temp on the head.

I think I will put this thing down for a month or so. It is going to be a major time sink and there is going to be a lot of basketball on TV. :)

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I just finished trying to replicate your results and when I finally started to figure out the navigation, my results are the same as yours exactly, including the * for the RATS.

I did try to change the Ambient temp display and it said I had the wrong model. I suspect the 2007 doesn't support displaying Ambient Temp on the head.

I think I will put this thing down for a month or so. It is going to be a major time sink and there is going to be a lot of basketball on TV. :)
Thank you so much for taking the time to try and replicate my findings!

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for taking the time to try and replicate my findings!

Wish I could understand what it all means, but the air blew through the vents exactly as you described when switching from hot to cold on the commands.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand why they call it “Professional” when it’s the low grade line. Seems like if a guy sees professional it should be better than original.

It's for the professional installer, as in a mechanic shop. It's a way to get a cheaper part but sell it to the customer as a "Genuine AC Delco" part. I wouldn't say they're "low-grade", but they tend to be "lower-grade". The "Advantage" line is the cheap shit. It's advantageous for the shop and customer to have the cheapest cost part but not feel bad about it cuz it's "AC Delco".

It seems that AC Delco uses the better aftermarket parts for their Professional line. For example, my AC Delco Professional upper and lower control arms were re-boxed Moog CK series. There are plenty of other examples of this, such as with the hub bearings.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's for the professional installer, as in a mechanic shop. It's a way to get a cheaper part but sell it to the customer as a "Genuine AC Delco" part. I wouldn't say they're "low-grade", but they tend to be "lower-grade". The "Advantage" line is the cheap shit. It's advantageous for the shop and customer to have the cheapest cost part but not feel bad about it cuz it's "AC Delco".

It seems that AC Delco uses the better aftermarket parts for their Professional line. For example, my AC Delco Professional upper and lower control arms were re-boxed Moog CK series. There are plenty of other examples of this, such as with the hub bearings.
Oh yeah I forgot about the Advantage line. That’s the one they have to compete with the cheap aftermarket parts. Moog has that type of line too, can’t remember what they call it but they admit they created it to compete with the low cost aftermarket stuff so they don’t lose all that part of the market. I never buy the mid or low grade parts period. It’s not worth my time to install that stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmds3