What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Especially considering there’s also an AC condenser between that and the radiator. I have an intercooler too which is bigger than that TruCool, and I installed their next size down in a lower location behind the bumper. There’s only so much you can cool down.

You didn't sacrifice anything. The 40K is oversized and, in your case, might be appropriately sized if you were beating the snot outta your Denali on a hot summer day for an extended amount of time.

I gotta take a better look at everything, but I'm planning on putting mine somewhere that minimizes blocking of the radiator. Maybe even angled downward. It's plenty oversized and can lose some airflow efficiency. There is a such thing as overcooling trans fluid.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You didn't sacrifice anything. The 40K is oversized and, in your case, might be appropriately sized if you were beating the snot outta your Denali on a hot summer day for an extended amount of time.

I gotta take a better look at everything, but I'm planning on putting mine somewhere that minimizes blocking of the radiator. Maybe even angled downward. It's plenty oversized and can lose some airflow efficiency. There is a such thing as overcooling trans fluid.
I'm thinking the same when I put the new one up top again I am going to try and finagle it in different than just dead center

Krajniak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Today i looked over the front end and brakes . Ipulled the drivers side rear door panel off and did some file work on the plastic for my window up/down switch. while the panel was off i realized the speaker is blown so time to order all new. i found where my oil leak is coming from and will order parts here in a bit. put some sticky back foam behind the door lock flag so it quit vibrating. also i let about 15psi out of the tires that the previous owner put in them while trying to reprogram the tire sensor (at least 1 is bad)The quality of the ride is so much better. going to get 4 2010 factory 17s with 20k miles on them and tpms sensors intact as well as 4 new tires for the rims all for the total of $200! Found a random dash rattle which ended up being metal plate behind the kickpanel under the steering wheel.

Attachments

• IMG_20220301_150656182.jpg
    IMG_20220301_150656182.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20220301_150120987_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220301_150120987_HDR.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20220301_110433885.jpg
    IMG_20220301_110433885.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20220301_121919118_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220301_121919118_HDR.jpg
    630.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today i pulled the drivers side rear door panel off and did some file work on the plastic for my window up/down switch. while the panel was off i realized the speaker is blown so time to order all new. i found where my oil leak is coming from and will order parts here in a bit. put some sticky back foam behind the door lock flag so it quit vibrating. also i let about 15psi out of the tires that the previous owner put in them while trying to reprogram the tire sensor (at least 1 is bad)The quality of the ride is so much better. going to get 4 2010 factory 17s with 20k miles on them and tpms sensors intact as well as 4 new tires for the rims all for the total of $200! Found a random dash rattle which ended up being metal plate behind the kickpanel under the steering wheel.
foam works, I put a piece of tape on mine, the rattle was annoying.... seems to be a common issue.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today i looked over the front end and brakes . Ipulled the drivers side rear door panel off and did some file work on the plastic for my window up/down switch. while the panel was off i realized the speaker is blown so time to order all new. i found where my oil leak is coming from and will order parts here in a bit. put some sticky back foam behind the door lock flag so it quit vibrating. also i let about 15psi out of the tires that the previous owner put in them while trying to reprogram the tire sensor (at least 1 is bad)The quality of the ride is so much better. going to get 4 2010 factory 17s with 20k miles on them and tpms sensors intact as well as 4 new tires for the rims all for the total of $200! Found a random dash rattle which ended up being metal plate behind the kickpanel under the steering wheel.
Busy day!

Reaction score

Go with a thicker, but smaller trans cooler. The thickness keeps the cooling capacity while the smaller size helps not block so much of the radiator and a/c condenser.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go with a thicker, but smaller trans cooler. The thickness keeps the cooling capacity while the smaller size helps not block so much of the radiator and a/c condenser.
If I had it to do over again, I would leave the factory external cooler in place and just add the 700w fans from the K5L package to keep both cool.

Reaction score
If I had it to do over again, I would leave the factory external cooler in place and just add the 700w fans from the K5L package to keep both cool.
You think that would be enough to keep the temps in check while towing? That factory external cooler is pretty small/thin.

That would be a lot simpler solution. Would be interesting if someone has done this and has some real before/after data

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate