What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As @RooTBeeRthe1st mentioned, most of the gains are with the transmission tuning. The throttle tuning is crap and the shifting is slow and weak- so much that it affects trans life. If you drive easy, it's not such a big deal. But trying to drive more spiritedly (shooting a gap, having to accelerate quickly for a short merge lane, etc.) is where the pitfalls really show. You eventually adapt to it and become desensitized and alter your driving to wait for a large gap or take another route because you already know that you can't always rely on it doing what you want when you mash the pedal. The 6L80s kill themselves quickly for those that do a lot of city driving.
I’ve learned to keep it in manual mode, and use the button to downshift quickly. That also helps to keep it from hunting gears so much.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It rides BEAUTIFUL. But it's def 1-2" higher sitting though. The whole truck is now exactly level. If they don't "set down" i'm going to do the strut under the arm "drop" with the grade 8-9 bolts so it will match my rear 2" drop plans. I already did a dry one on one side to see how it would sit. Home Depot was wiped out of grade 8 nuts so I have to wait and order them on line and will look for the grade 9 anyway. The Ranchco hardware kit @kbuskill posted ways back in this thread is now obsolete or I would def go with that.

Not a peep.

1A Auto.

McMaster-Carr has deez nutz. Grade 9 nuts: https://www.mcmaster.com/nuts/fastener-strength-grade-class~grade-9/

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced the power steering pressure hose in the 2007 this afternoon. The old one was leaking bad enough to leave a perpetually wet patch on the frame crossmember beneath it, and the reservoir needed topping up every few weeks. $55 at Autozone plus a little more than a half a quart of fluid, and I’m back in business.

One of the best things about these trucks is how widely available parts for them are.

B88BB2AC-4FF5-4466-808B-76261EA8E647.jpeg
68CDF4AF-6C15-4DC2-A474-75BF1B476774.jpeg

Reaction score
Replaced the power steering pressure hose in the 2007 this afternoon. The old one was leaking bad enough to leave a perpetually wet patch on the frame crossmember beneath it, and the reservoir needed topping up every few weeks. $55 at Autozone plus a little more than a half a quart of fluid, and I’m back in business.

One of the best things about these trucks is how widely available parts for them are.

View attachment 374317
View attachment 374318
I need to replace that hose on mine. It's not leaking, but it's rusty as hell, especially behind the pump. Actually, it my be seeping a bit, because the metal tubing behind the pump is wet.

20220424_133252.jpg

I'm guessing this is the correct hose?

Screenshot_20220424-131838_Chrome.jpg

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
How's this for redneck? Doing the rear shocks today from the fender wells. Home made stubby wrench for that bastard to get to top bolt??
I like it! I would make one to go with my top side creeper but I already disassembled it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DwaneM