What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to replace that hose on mine. It's not leaking, but it's rusty as hell, especially behind the pump. Actually, it my be seeping a bit, because the metal tubing behind the pump is wet.

View attachment 374327

I'm guessing this is the correct hose?

View attachment 374333
No sir. This one. I saw the GM ones on rock auto as well, and both of them are erroneous or for another spot in the power steering system. The one in the image below is the one you want.

A243140E-C80D-43A7-AB83-1C2A650434E6.png

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You got your game plan on? You have those headlights out before? Know some tricks. Unbolt the front inner fenders, pop out the bumper sides from the body. use a thumb drive ratchet for the bottom 10MM bolts. All you have to do is loosen them, not remove them. The mounting tabs are slotted so it will slide out.

You can use painters tape on top of the bumper if you are worried about scratching it. Then the top 2 bolts. Massage it out. Been a while since I did it so I could be missing a step. Removing the whole bumper is overkill for this project imho.
Honey do list got in the way of tackling the headlight swap. I guess it will be an after work thing now with Beer...Added bonus, garage door safety sensor are acting a fool!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It rides BEAUTIFUL. But it's def 1-2" higher sitting though. The whole truck is now exactly level. If they don't "set down" i'm going to do the strut under the arm "drop" with the grade 8-9 bolts so it will match my rear 2" drop plans. I already did a dry one on one side to see how it would sit. Home Depot was wiped out of grade 8 nuts so I have to wait and order them on line and will look for the grade 9 anyway. The Ranchco hardware kit @kbuskill posted ways back in this thread is now obsolete or I would def go with that.

I actually have that bolt kit. Bought it to lower a guy's Tahoe then he ghosted me. It's just the bolts without the spacers, so it'd be less than a 2" drop. I had to call RC directly to order them.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve learned to keep it in manual mode, and use the button to downshift quickly. That also helps to keep it from hunting gears so much.

Yes! My first work van with my current company was a 2013 Express 2500 (this was in 2013- new van). During my orientation/training in Indiana, we had to drive a predetermined route to a fill up at a gas station with the safety manager riding shotgun. Already knowing the trans issues, and seeing the hills and city traffic, I instinctively shifted to "M". The power monger safety manager said to leave it in Drive and let the van do the work. Fine. But, he couldn't watch me after I left there to bring it home to LA. He later told me that, within the first year, he had to have the transmissions replaced in 8 of those 15 new vans. Most were from techs that serviced major cities/urban areas. I kept mine in "M" any time I was off the highway. Block to block, I just let that 6.0 sing. I never so much as replaced the fluid in that trans when it finally gave up at around 233K miles. It never indicated it was dying until its literal final hours. Never a problem from the engine or anything else on that van other than a hub bearing somewhere around 200K.

My next van was a 2016 Transit with a V-6. Manually shifted that one cuz all it was programmed to do was get to the highest gear ASAP. That Duratec V-6 was made to zing with a 7,000 RPM redline, so I used every bit of that for over 250K miles. My current one is a 2020 Transit. Now I have 10 speeds to manually shift through.