What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
They don't?

I'm pulling the heads and i can't get the same headgasket right now..

So I'm going with a thicker one, plus premium is kicking my ass.
Makes sense now. Thought when you said this that changing lifters would change quench....

"When i swap out those lifters, I'm going from .040 quench to .050..."

Forgot that you gotta remove the heads (and replace the gasket) on these to remove the lifters.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Makes sense now. Thought when you said this that changing lifters would change quench....

"When i swap out those lifters, I'm going from .040 quench to .050..."

Forgot that you gotta remove the heads (and replace the gasket) on these to remove the lifters.

Yeah, i hate that about the ls platform.

I saw a lsx block that had the lifters accessible from under the intake, i guess it was more about inspection vs actually being able to swap them out..

But It made me dream a little!
That was a very high end racing block (iirc).

Reaction score
Yeah, i hate that about the ls platform.

I saw a lsx block that had the lifters accessible from under the intake, i guess it was more about inspection vs actually being able to swap them out..

But It made me dream a little!
That was a very high end racing block (iirc).
The Edelbrock aluminum heads I have on my mustang have spaces on the underside (over the valley) that allows lifter replacement without removing heads, just the intake.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The challenge here is the Job part. She seems to want the freedom without the financial responsibility. I have made it clear. No job, no drive.
My boy took the first test about drugs and alcohol to get his learners permit, then stalled.

He got excited about the rusted C10, then stalled.

I gave him a quick crack at the 5 speed manual Subaru, then stalled.

Prolly the start of school and needing to go places will perhaps energize him.

Other friends are not interested in driving and some are getting wheels.

50/50 split it seems.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
The Edelbrock aluminum heads I have on my mustang have spaces on the underside (over the valley) that allows lifter replacement without removing heads, just the intake.

With older platforms like the SBC in my vette, just the intake needs to be removed in order to access the lifters.
I suppose the new design of these engines, possibly it adds strength and reduces weight. :think:

Reaction score
The challenge here is the Job part. She seems to want the freedom without the financial responsibility. I have made it clear. No job, no drive.
My 22 yr old son didn't get his license until he was 18 or 19, can't remember. It was after he graduated high school and after he started college. Hell, I was taking him to work back in May of 2018 when our 2011 Denali got totalled by a drunk driver.

I know I started telling him I was gonna start charging him per mile like a cab when I took him to/picked him up from work multiple times a week.

Reaction score
With older platforms like the SBC in my vette, just the intake needs to be removed in order to access the lifters.
I suppose the new design of these engines, possibly it adds strength and reduces weight. :think:
You'd think, but my big bore, 8.2" deck (302 based, 363ci) Dart block is strong enough for over 1200hp. It's iron though, not aluminum.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
My 22 yr old son didn't get his license until he was 18 or 19, can't remember. It was after he graduated high school and after he started college. Hell, I was taking him to work back in May of 2018 when our 2011 Denali got totalled by a drunk driver.

I know I started telling him I was gonna start charging him per mile like a cab when I took him to/picked him up from work multiple times a week.
She will have her license but the car will sit if there is no funding for gas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21DenaliXL