What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Around here it's illegal to drive on a public road like that. Looks cool for show while parked though

Around here they only care about the colors.
Pretty much run with the theme of the OEM lights, don't use any colors that could be confused with emergency vehicles, and as long as they aren't mounted higher than the stock headlights, you're gtg.

Reaction score
Around here they only care about the colors.
Pretty much run with the theme of the OEM lights, don't use any colors that could be confused with emergency vehicles, and as long as they aren't mounted higher than the stock headlights, you're gtg.
under vehicle lights and lights in wheel wells are no go here, no matter what color. Apparently though, blue or red windshield wiper squirters are OK though, or at least many people think so, lol

DurrtyBurB

Reaction score
Completed an oil change and replaced the gasket on the oil cooler block off plate. Noticed a slight tick from the engine. This being a 08 6.2 I don’t believe it has the AFM lifters. I’ll have to take to valve covers off to see if it’s a sticky/collapsed lifter. If so might as well do both sides with new lifters since I’ll have the engine apart.

Attachments

• F4F782C1-20EA-4D8C-A786-933A4CEA564C.jpeg
    F4F782C1-20EA-4D8C-A786-933A4CEA564C.jpeg
    375.4 KB · Views: 7

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completed an oil change and replaced the gasket on the oil cooler block off plate. Noticed a slight tick from the engine. This being a 08 6.2 I don’t believe it has the AFM lifters. I’ll have to take to valve covers off to see if it’s a sticky/collapsed lifter. If so might as well do both sides with new lifters since I’ll have the engine apart.

Check for broken exhaust manifold bolts and collector studs.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put it back together and lit the fuse. Seems quieter and smoother at idle. This might be due to the new push rods. I measured and ordered some a few months ago to tighten the spread of preloads across all the lifters. Two were at or near maximum and four were near the minimum.

Didn't rev it over 3K cuz I'm heat cycling the new valve springs as part of their break-in. Parked it in the garage and will take it slow and easy to the gas station tomorrow. I'll let it cool again then take it for an honest shakedown.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put it back together and lit the fuse. Seems quieter and smoother at idle. This might be due to the new push rods. I measured and ordered some a few months ago to tighten the spread of preloads across all the lifters. Two were at or near maximum and four were near the minimum.

Didn't rev it over 3K cuz I'm heat cycling the new valve springs as part of their break-in. Parked it in the garage and will take it slow and easy to the gas station tomorrow. I'll let it cool again then take it for an honest shakedown.

Good job bro!!!

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What length rods you end up with? Also, glad I'm not the only one with various readings