What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
attitude, I tried to be courteous waiting my turn, but not going to take that from a esky!
Made my night this dash cam video. The commentary and driving idiots resembles my drive around here every day. Same vocabulary and actions errr inaction by the f###wits that should not be behind the wheel. I was waiting for a stop sign to go under....doh!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What length rods you end up with? Also, glad I'm not the only one with various readings

Originally, all were 7.350". This was determined by the "alleged" measurements (smaller base circle of new cam, shaved heads, thinner head gaskets, etc.) and double-checked on a couple cylinders that just happened to be the same. When I went to replace the rockers back in March, I measured all individually multiple times and found they were all over the place. I ordered two shorter ones for the two that were at .100" preload and four longer that were at .6875". Aside from fully custom rods (not worth in my case), they're available in .025" increments. So I got two 7.325" and four 7.375". The rest are fine with the 7.350" rods already in place.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warmed it up and took it to Exxon, staying under 2,000 RPM the whole way. Let it idle as I put in $100 of 93. Stayed under 3,000 as I drove to Kin's school for her homecoming game. Set the cruise on 70 and the MPG stayed on 22 with a few flashes to 23. My intentions were to drive easy until it had another full heat cycle. Made it almost to the school when a new Tahoe challenged me to a race from a 60 roll and I have no self-control. They ended up turning into the school after me. I thought the driver was either mad or wanted to talk cars, but I never saw 'em.

Drove normally on the way home and stopped at the community center to check under the hood cuz I swear the valve train is getting louder. It's probably just me being hyper-sensitive from the PTSD. Everything looked and smelled fine and the coolant level appears to have stabilized already. I backed up to one end of the lot and stomped it to see if it launched the same as before. The ol' Steel Hippo seems to have recovered nicely from her surgery.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warmed it up and took it to Exxon, staying under 2,000 RPM the whole way. Let it idle as I put in $100 of 93. Stayed under 3,000 as I drove to Kin's school for her homecoming game. Set the cruise on 70 and the MPG stayed on 22 with a few flashes to 23. My intentions were to drive easy until it had another full heat cycle. Made it almost to the school when a new Tahoe challenged me to a race from a 60 roll and I have no self-control. They ended up turning into the school after me. I thought the driver was either mad or wanted to talk cars, but I never saw 'em.

Drove normally on the way home and stopped at the community center to check under the hood cuz I swear the valve train is getting louder. It's probably just me being hyper-sensitive from the PTSD. Everything looked and smelled fine and the coolant level appears to have stabilized already. I backed up to one end of the lot and stomped it to see if it launched the same as before. The ol' Steel Hippo seems to have recovered nicely from her surgery.

I love happy endings!!! Now I need to go have one, in your name!!

~thinking of you ***

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the middle of replacing my transfer case fluid. Notice some white thread lock on the drain bolt. Never seen white and i don't have any lol would blue lock tite bee enough? Its only 18ft/lb of torque.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the middle of replacing my transfer case fluid. Notice some white thread lock on the drain bolt. Never seen white and i don't have any lol would blue lock tite bee enough? Its only 18ft/lb of torque.
It’s probably Teflon thread tape. In my opinion, no locktite is needed there.

Reaction score
Today I started my 2001 Tahoe to keep the battery from draining, and removed the bug shield to see how much crap was was stuck in it after sitting for three years, and to make sure there was no cancer...............

Debating on cleaning it up or getting a new one. I believe its OEM.