What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I am using 19302058 on mine. They are freaking expensive tho.
When looking those up they all say chrome capped. The Acadia ones are chrome capped and some of the caps are loose and rattle when you shake it. They also get stuck in the impact socket.

I just have bad memories of the chromed acorn style nuts that came on our 02 mustang. They had caps that would eventually loosen and slide off the steel core of the nut.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
had the passenger side motor mount replaced at the dealer today because I wasn't going to try and tackle that monster. As a habit I always double check other peoples work and when I got home I found one of the drivers side motor mount bolts sitting in the buckle area under the mount not sure how it stayed there on the way home I gassed it a few times to see how it felt, but anyway I managed to get it back in "barely snug" and it was dark and I am not sure what the torque spec is but I am taking it back in the morning and have them re torque the drivers side, I know the procedure to replace the passenger side should involve loosening the drivers side. the bolt goes in completely blind so kind of a b.itch
and that's why i paid them to do it because it would have taken me 3 times longer.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
When looking those up they all say chrome capped. The Acadia ones are chrome capped and some of the caps are loose and rattle when you shake it. They also get stuck in the impact socket.

I just have bad memories of the chromed acorn style nuts that came on our 02 mustang. They had caps that would eventually loosen and slide off the steel core of the nut.
They are chrome lug nuts like you would expect them to be. They aren't some cheap capped ones like your thinking.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, but like I said, when searching that GM part #, every description says they're capped

:hmmm2:
I believe the OEM lugnuts are “capped”, but I may be mistaken. I think they just have better fit and finish on the capping than an aftermarket like Dorman.

Reaction score
I believe the lug nuts on my 2015 Acadia Denali are all OEM and are capped, and half of them rattle. I don't notice it when installed, but I recently rotated the tires and noticed this while they were off. Thankfully they're not slipping off the core though.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
OK, but like I said, when searching that GM part #, every description says they're capped

:hmmm2:
I’m certain they are a solid machined and chromed lug nut. I know what kind your talking about an hate them as much as you do. Here is a few pics of what I have. Can’t get a good pic down inside the bore. EC0AABA0-A3A0-44B6-A8E3-CB384244B57E.jpegC04CAC15-C4B3-4A68-BF22-E8A68BD6E61C.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpg

Reaction score
I’m certain they are a solid machined and chromed lug nut. I know what kind your talking about an hate them as much as you do. Here is a few pics of what I have. Can’t get a good pic down inside the bore. View attachment 384459
I agree, those aren't capped. I can tell just by seeing where the sides meet the top of the conical seat.

You said those are OE part # 19302058 or are they aftermarket replacements? Everywhere I look for that part # says capped. Also, the ones I've seen aren't beveled at the upper corners, but flat straight across the face.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I agree, those aren't capped. I can tell just by seeing where the sides meet the top of the conical seat.

You said those are OE part # 19302058 or are they aftermarket replacements? Everywhere I look for that part # says capped.
They are OE. Came factory on this truck with the CK375 wheels. It was a set with locks and I tossed the locks and ordered 4 more on GM parts direct with that part number. I found a set with locks on ebay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
achurchman