What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's adorable thinking its a 5 minute job - maybe with long and tiny hands....This job was SUPER fun laying across the top of the motor to get my hands in a place that they should never have to be. It is absolutely doable though and don't let it frustrate you from doing it - surely will save quite a bit of dinero on labor for a job most folks can do themselves.
While I don't agree that it's 5 minutes, especially the first time, I will say, however, that the second time my buddy changed mine (screen clogged back to back within like 3 weeks. Left it out the third time), it took him no more than 10 minutes. We have one of those short scaffolding type step ladders that's about 18" tall. He's around 6'3" or so and long legs. He can stand on that, reach back and get to it easily. The third time, I changed it myself and left that stupid screen out. I had to Superman the intake and it took me a solid 45 minutes. I'm 5'10" so the extra height def makes a difference.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loaded semi's really numb things.

I would certainly feel a car PIT'ing on my front and and dragging along for sure. But I do have a story about rear impacts driving a rig. One time I was working in the yard and I had to bring a truck around from the street to get the load taken off it, driver called out. We run day cab's with 42' flatbeds and a 3 wheeled pick machine hanging off the back. Truck was fully loaded with concrete form panels. I did the walkaround the truck. Clear behind me at the street corner, somebody parked in front of me.

I climbed in the cab and built up the air pressure, checked my mirrors. Proceeded to back up to clear the vehicle in front of me. Some dude runs and jumps up on my pass side door and starts pounding on it and yelling. I stop and get out to see WTF is going on. This punk snuck up behind the truck and parked right on my ass on the street corner. I had no idea and the 3rd wheel of the lift machine rolled right up the hood, through the windshield and half the roof into the front seats, then pushed the car back about 15'. I didn't feel a DAMN thing.

Thank god he was not in it. His co-workers were going ape shit on him for parking like that. I felt horrible too but what else was I to do to prevent it?

Same thing happened to a Fed Ex guy in our yard here, one of our customers in a big 'ol quad cab P/U pulled right up on his ass, he didn't see him and pushed that truck a good 25 feet. Brand new truck too, that guy with the P/U was beyond PISSED. I had to get in the middle of those 2 on that one, UGLY.

Moral of the story everyone, stay off trucks aszez and blind sides.
People are so stupid when they park next to big rigs or machinery. I was using a 120’ bucket lift on a job site to reach windows on the 10th floor of a building. I had coned off the parking spots on both sides of the lift because it has a huge counterweight that swings as you move it. I was up on that 10th floor, working side to side across the building at over 100’ off the ground. As I was swinging, I barely noticed a little bump that I thought was just the machine stumbling a bit. I didn’t even look down, instead just concentrating on replacing the big piece of glass we were setting. As I was on the way down I noticed a car parked in the space to one side of the lift that had been coned off, and as we got closer I saw that car was caved in on the driver side, and I mean caved in. The counterweight had swung into the little econobox and it was smashed so bad the driver seat was now on the passenger side of the car. It was totaled for sure. The idiot had moved the cone and parked right next to the lift. Luckily I always took pictures of my safety zones before starting work so I could prove what he did.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well..... bad news. Pulled the starter yesterday and it looked a little beat, had a second one so we swapped that in and sound did not go away. Piss. With it up in the air on the lift ( which...thats the way to work on vehicles BTW ) we had it running and we could hear all the noise coming pretty clearly from the bell housing area, so its either flywheel/flex plate and/or the torque converter.

Since its such a busy time of year, and my truck has the stupid exhaust with this weird slip joint connection, the flexed crossed member so we have to seperate tcase from trans to get it all down. Its gonna go to a recommender dealership to have the work done. So its going to get the repair done, new rear main since it all down and apart, trans flush, airbag recall, and emissions test for plate renewal done. FUN TIMES!!!!!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
well..... bad news. Pulled the starter yesterday and it looked a little beat, had a second one so we swapped that in and sound did not go away. Piss. With it up in the air on the lift ( which...thats the way to work on vehicles BTW ) we had it running and we could hear all the noise coming pretty clearly from the bell housing area, so its either flywheel/flex plate and/or the torque converter.

Since its such a busy time of year, and my truck has the stupid exhaust with this weird slip joint connection, the flexed crossed member so we have to seperate tcase from trans to get it all down. Its gonna go to a recommender dealership to have the work done. So its going to get the repair done, new rear main since it all down and apart, trans flush, airbag recall, and emissions test for plate renewal done. FUN TIMES!!!!!
I cracked 2 flex plates. Each time it sounded like an exhaust heat shield was loose or something similar, like a "ting, ting, ting" sound.

Attachments

• Resized_20190719_170102.jpeg
    Resized_20190719_170102.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Resized_20190719_170046.jpeg
    Resized_20190719_170046.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Resized_Screenshot_20180903-090111_Photos.jpeg
    Resized_Screenshot_20180903-090111_Photos.jpeg
    371.4 KB · Views: 7

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My bets are still on the flex plate. I hate it for you. Bad timing for sure.

Hopefully its not too bad and they get you in and out quickly

StrkAliteN

Reaction score
I would only buy Bilstein shocks, ride much better than OE.

I opted out of shock replacement. had a few friends who are pretty knowledgable car mechanics inspect everything with me and said no need to replace either of the serpentine or AC belt and the shocks that are on their now are still in exc working condition.

We did do a replacement of all coolant hoses and flush and fill the coolant system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbruton89

Latest posts