What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no this was a long time ago.... I was driving a friends toyota wagon
I was in the slow lane doing probably 60
the semi was in the lane to my left probably doing 55
as I slowly passed on his right, when I was in his blind spot he suddenly moved over into my lane
his front right wheel hit my left rear and the vehicle kind of sank down from the wheel hitting it, keep in mind this a little toyota wagon already low to the ground
he hit his brakes momentarily and the maneuver had the effect of a "pit" on the toyota, my right rear spun outwards so now I was kind of sideways
he then proceeded to keep moving into my lane and hit me as I was spinning right so now I am completely sideways in front of his grill/bumper
then the guy speeds up so I am completely pinned in front, he proceeded to move back into the left lane and kept on going I am completely helpless
I rolled my drivers window down to try and reach my arm out and try to and wave or get his attention in some form but I am so close I cant even get me arm out
I was hitting the horn and basically praying because this guy sped up even more and moved over left even more (fast lane) and speeds up even more
I'm like WTF is this guy a psycho?????????
meanwhile the wheels are grinding off and the toyota is sort tipping to the right and I am under the suspicion that I am going to die and this thing is going to flip and go completely under the semi.......
my already mentally unstable girlfriend is in the passenger seat and is about to go into shock (literally) she' like having convulsions over there and I am just praying to the only GOD there is........
we passed over a overpass and kept going a few hundred feet more and the guy finally pulls over into the center divider and stops.
tons of people on both sides of the freeway are stopped and I think are in awe of what they were seeing...
my primary concern then at that moment was trying to help my girlfriend snap out of it, I got us both out and put a blanket around her and held her until the emt's arrived by then pretty much everyone had left so I didn't get any witness's per say because the accident had started a mile back and was most likely not visible to anyone when it happened.\
he claimed he stopped because he saw smoke in his rear view mirror and did not know we were being pushed in front of him, which is slightly believable being the vehicle it was
but I had looked up at the cab a few times as I was holding her and he was cooking his book like a MF I could see that.
but ya I still won't sit next to a semi on the highway if I can help it all.
just wasn't my time yet I guess
Hope you bought lotto tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I used to drive much worse I have actually calmed down a lot no accidents or anything just more or less it's not necessary and it puts excessive wear on the vehicle, replacing transmissions and rear ends isn't exactly cheap. my foot is still heavy a bit but more moderated. I am always scanning the road but you can't stop random things from happening evening driving normal I have had so many like a hood fly off the car in front of me and hit my windshield, rebar in the road that my wheels picked up and harpooned into the body, man the list is crazy, got pushed sideways in front a semi for a mile. sh*t I can't even remember unless I sit and think about it
And don't forget the notorious stop sign when cutting a left turn

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Once it got cold I started getting some lean codes thrown.
******* me off finally enough to try and fix it.
At first I couldn't find any cause, so I figured it was time to start playing with the MAF tune.
Lazy, I add some fueling to the MAF.

Few tries to richen it up, watching on my wideband to confirm it actually richened.
Still error'd
So, I tossed a bunch of fuel at it.

I let it idle using the remote start, knowing if the code got thrown again it would just shut off.

I had it idling at 15:1
Figuring it might complain about being too rich now, I let it run.

Sure enough, it shuts off.
I pull the code, and I see the same Lean code??!?!

wtf I think. :secret:

So, I finally pull the engine cover while it's idling, and I see it.
My PCV hose adapter from the catch can to the intake split!

making a loud ass PSSSSSSSSSSSSShhhhhhhhh sound.

:yaoface2:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no this was a long time ago.... I was driving a friends toyota wagon
I was in the slow lane doing probably 60
the semi was in the lane to my left probably doing 55
as I slowly passed on his right, when I was in his blind spot he suddenly moved over into my lane
his front right wheel hit my left rear and the vehicle kind of sank down from the wheel hitting it, keep in mind this a little toyota wagon already low to the ground
he hit his brakes momentarily and the maneuver had the effect of a "pit" on the toyota, my right rear spun outwards so now I was kind of sideways
he then proceeded to keep moving into my lane and hit me as I was spinning right so now I am completely sideways in front of his grill/bumper
then the guy speeds up so I am completely pinned in front, he proceeded to move back into the left lane and kept on going I am completely helpless
I rolled my drivers window down to try and reach my arm out and try to and wave or get his attention in some form but I am so close I cant even get me arm out
I was hitting the horn and basically praying because this guy sped up even more and moved over left even more (fast lane) and speeds up even more
I'm like WTF is this guy a psycho?????????
meanwhile the wheels are grinding off and the toyota is sort tipping to the right and I am under the suspicion that I am going to die and this thing is going to flip and go completely under the semi.......
my already mentally unstable girlfriend is in the passenger seat and is about to go into shock (literally) she' like having convulsions over there and I am just praying to the only GOD there is........
we passed over a overpass and kept going a few hundred feet more and the guy finally pulls over into the center divider and stops.
tons of people on both sides of the freeway are stopped and I think are in awe of what they were seeing...
my primary concern then at that moment was trying to help my girlfriend snap out of it, I got us both out and put a blanket around her and held her until the emt's arrived by then pretty much everyone had left so I didn't get any witness's per say because the accident had started a mile back and was most likely not visible to anyone when it happened.\
he claimed he stopped because he saw smoke in his rear view mirror and did not know we were being pushed in front of him, which is slightly believable being the vehicle it was
but I had looked up at the cab a few times as I was holding her and he was cooking his book like a MF I could see that.
but ya I still won't sit next to a semi on the highway if I can help it all.
just wasn't my time yet I guess
Me either, I’ll do anything it takes to not be near semis on the freeway. Not in front, not camped to their side, not behind unless I have to be. My brother used to drive one and told me horror stories. He once dragged a car over 2 miles that hit him so hard from behind on a deserted stretch of highway that their car got stuck under his rear bumper. He thought he had hit a pothole when they hit him. BTW they were uninjured but probably never recovered mentally lol.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me either, I’ll do anything it takes to not be near semis on the freeway. Not in front, not camped to their side, not behind unless I have to be. My brother used to drive one and told me horror stories. He once dragged a car over 2 miles that hit him so hard from behind on a deserted stretch of highway that their car got stuck under his rear bumper. He thought he had hit a pothole when they hit him. BTW they were uninjured but probably never recovered mentally lol.
the scariest part was when the car felt like it was going to go under.
I have seen accidents with big trucks one in particular had ran over a toyota pickup there was nothing left but bits and pieces
seen pictures of those little cars like smart car sized squished between trucks and it's like a taco with human filling

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the scariest part was when the car felt like it was going to go under.
I have seen accidents with big trucks one in particular had ran over a toyota pickup there was nothing left but bits and pieces
seen pictures of those little cars like smart car sized squished between trucks and it's like a taco with human filling
Maybe that’s why they nicknamed Tacomas tacos. :crazy:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this happened on my way to work this morning. Code says PO523. Gauge reads 80psi even with engine off. How hard is it to change the sensor?

View attachment 386785
Not really that difficult. You can chose between working blind and hoping your hands and arms are skinny enough to get at it with out removing the intake manifold or remove the intake manifold, have easy access to it and check your VLOM bolts to make sure they are tight while you’re at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsheyden10

Latest posts