What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally took action on getting new shoes- 24” Vossen HF6-1 in gunmetal grey and a Belltech 2/3 drop kit for my Denali. I have not seen a single NNBS with HF6-1 wheels just many newer ones.

Feel like I got a crazy good deal on the Vossens as they were 850 a wheel everywhere else I looked.

It’s the start of an upcoming cam/SC build that I’m finalizing package details on this week.

Attachments

• 35378A2E-E492-4F45-BBB7-B62423E115ED.jpeg
    35378A2E-E492-4F45-BBB7-B62423E115ED.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 6

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed the Nolathane sway bars but couldn't quite finish. They thiccc. Need longer bolts for the rear then set it down to tighten all the end links.

View attachment 387458

View attachment 387459

Fkn beautiful under there. Can I bring my shit box down there and tinker on it at your place with you on yo lift?

indy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Left and Right Mirror fold motors and gears from gruvenparts.com
Left Rearview Mirror Actuator pn 15874997 (my Yukon build date is 1/2006 2 pigtails...post 4/2006 is single pigtail gen2)
Front and Rear Moog sway bar bushing and arms
Replace faded 3rd tail light spoiler with great used Escalade spoiler
Updated to GM Silverado 2021 option 18" rims

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1671133394700.jpg
    FB_IMG_1671133394700.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

StrkAliteN

Reaction score
Since so many great minds here .....

I am looking for the best place to purchase a new Motorcycle battery for my HD.
I buy all my batteries at Costco, but they do not sell motorcycle batteries.

Figured I would toss it out here as I am sure some of you also own bikes.

thank you in advance

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

thank you in advance
I would look at batteries plus, might be a little cheaper than getting reamed by a cycle shop

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

thank you in advance
I bought my last one from Interstate.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed 1/2" longer bolts and tightened the end links with the suspension settled. Also drained the air outta the helper bags. They had 7psi in 'em. I keep a few psi to help the softer "lowering springs". Without that, it'll wag too much if I jiggled the wheel. 7-9psi keeps it stable and planted. Went for a ~20 minute drive for groceries. I have some tools and stuff in the back for some odd jobs I'm doing, so I couldn't really huck it around any corners. I jiggled the steering wheel over 4-5 instances and it felt great! Flat and stable! So I don't need to keep any pressure in the bags now. As a bonus, this dropped it exactly 1/4" more in the rear. Also, it's ever-so-slightly softer on the bumps. I just need to get the front to match and it'd ride like a Cadillac but handle great and not have any dangerous floating.

When testing, I heard a bumping but thought it was something I had in the cargo hold knocking around. On the way home, it dawned on me that I never fully tightened those new end link bolts. They were close, but not fully tightened and had enough slack for the washers to jiggle. I tightened them then saw where sound was coming from. The RH side of the bar is hitting the frame side panhard mount. I really don't have much room to shift it even further to the right and that'd require custom end links. It's not an axle off-centering issue. Actually, the axle is slightly off center in the direction that is helping this interference. The simple solution is to trim the panhard mount. I'd pie cut the two vertical walls and roll the interfering back wall inward, more closely following the bushing of the panhard bar.

img_3917-jpg.jpg

The passenger side showing the bar hitting the panhard mount:

img_e3918-jpg.jpg

My proposed fix. Cut out the areas marked in red, roll that back piece in to close the gap then weld it together:

img_e3919-jpg.jpg

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not particularity it just tells me if everything is working right, I noticed before when the cat's went bad that it really tanked i was getting like 7-8
if I let off the pedal it would go up but that's a hard habit to break I have had a heavy foot my entire life
even as a kid I used to put double batterys in toys so they would go faster lol
So, you are the model for "Tim, the tool man, Taylor" uhhh, uhhh, more power!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sparky23n