What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was scoping out the wiring for a new subwoofer amplifier install in the front center console, under the cup holder. Going to run power in thru the main grommet, i guess… but I hate the thought of taking an exacto-knife blade to the grommet. I think I’ve decided that’s the best way to go.

While was under there I fished a golf tee out from under the front seat inboard rail from the Silver Lakes Robert Trent Jones Trail course in Anniston, Alabama …. That means that tee has been there for 20 years!

Did you guys power your amps thru the main grommet or drill a new hole in the firewall?

Poke or drill a hole smaller than the wire and push the wire through. The rubber will stretch but keep a firm seal around the wire.

I ran a power wire last weekend to under the second row passenger seat, through the floorboard. Used a neoprene grommet with an ID just a little smaller than the wire's OD. The wire's outer jacket is neoprene, so they're both the same soft and flexible material. I had to use a squirt of B'Laster ever so often to help it slide through the grommet. The fit was so snug that it wiped the lubricant off after a few feet:

Grommet was like this:

gardner-bender-accessories-ghg-1538-64_600.jpg

I drilled the hole, painted the metal and let it fully dry to prevent rust. Popped in the grommet then fed the wire through:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was scoping out the wiring for a new subwoofer amplifier install in the front center console, under the cup holder. Going to run power in thru the main grommet, i guess… but I hate the thought of taking an exacto-knife blade to the grommet. I think I’ve decided that’s the best way to go.

While was under there I fished a golf tee out from under the front seat inboard rail from the Silver Lakes Robert Trent Jones Trail course in Anniston, Alabama …. That means that tee has been there for 20 years!

Did you guys power your amps thru the main grommet or drill a new hole in the firewall?

No, but I'm about to run some switch wiring. Is it hard to unwrap the tape and fish it through with all the other wires? That's what I was planning to do.. fingers crossed..

I ran mine across the firewall from the battery junction block across the top harness over the brake booster down the driver's side frame harness and up through the grommet in center of the driver's floor for the parking brake cable and under the carpeting/door sill plates/interior trim to the desired location.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm doing the same thing! Just received one of the Dorman covers from Scamazon, but the other side is going to take several days longer. They will be the shiniest things on my truck.
You are doing covers only?
I'm glad I found a set at a yard. Replacements with motors are very expensive.

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if you click that green link in my signature you'll see that I only need to get rid of the chrome grossness on top of my side mirrors.
I hear ya. I really didn't like the fake chrome stuff either.
About the only thing left for me are the door guards / trim with that shiny plastic junk. Not sure what to do with those.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Wes, when you are making those high speed runs, does the transmission run in the over drive gears at WOT or does it hold in 4th?
with the blackbear tune it holds in 3rd up to 100mph/5800k (rpm is guess it gets close to 6), then it kicks into 4th
IF I keep @wot with my foot in it, if I let up at all it bypasses and shifts up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cmfarr21