What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when the drl is on it is at slightly lower voltage than when it is in headlight mode. that could be a potential problem alone depending on the bulb used.
I am not sure of the voltage but I would guess probably 10v for drl and 12 when headlight. when it switches modes you can hear the relay click over
Thanks for the information. That gives me something to test.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. That gives me something to test.
It gets better. I manually turned on the headlights in the dark. Passenger side low beam is on normally. Driver side low beam and both highs are very dimly on. High beam is switched off. There's definitely a wiring issue somewhere!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It gets better. I manually turned on the headlights in the dark. Passenger side low beam is on normally. Driver side low beam and both highs are very dimly on. High beam is switched off. There's definitely a wiring issue somewhere!
swap bulbs left & right and rule the bulb in or out.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are aftermarket housing right? do the factory bulbs and sockets just plug in or is there aftermarket wiring involved inside?

just wondering if some sockets or plugs overheated and making a back connection?

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are aftermarket housing right? do the factory bulbs and sockets just plug in or is there aftermarket wiring involved inside?

just wondering if some sockets or plugs overheated and making a back connection?
They are aftermarket units. They plug into the factory bulb sockets and are internally wired from there. The DRL and low beam circuits must be joined because the low beams are single-filament bulbs. This weekend I'll pull everything apart and diagnose it. I'm hoping there's a short in one of the housings that's causing the issue. That'll be easier to fix. Maybe this'll be an opportunity to mod them. I've never liked that the LED bars only come on with the low beams and not the DRLs.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are aftermarket units. They plug into the factory bulb sockets and are internally wired from there. The DRL and low beam circuits must be joined because the low beams are single-filament bulbs. This weekend I'll pull everything apart and diagnose it. I'm hoping there's a short in one of the housings that's causing the issue. That'll be easier to fix. Maybe this'll be an opportunity to mod them. I've never liked that the LED bars only come on with the low beams and not the DRLs.

ahh makes sense. I have different aftermarket ones.. they kinda do the same thing but are led so they don't pull much power and no drl. it uses a external wire to a fuse tap for the led bar for the drl. it just dims when the head lights come on. but it's on a fuse that has power anytime the key is on. not sure if you could wire it like that some how.

if you happen to still have your stock housings laying around to troubleshoot with that could be helpful. I tossed mine back the box and thought I'd polish them up and sell them because they didn't look you bad but never got around to it haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchavez95

Latest posts