What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 406686

And won't break the bank, either!

you laugh but I literally follow a electric supercharger message board lol.. guy has run 9s in a Ford LTD off one. things make crazy power per pound of boost because it's not run off the engine or restrict the exhaust.

the tech is catching up.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you laugh but I literally follow a electric supercharger message board lol.. guy has run 9s in a Ford LTD off one. things make crazy power per pound of boost because it's not run off the engine or restrict the exhaust.

the tech is catching up.
I think having a stand alone battery pack powering an electric blower for WOT scenarios makes total sense.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think having a stand alone battery pack powering an electric blower for WOT scenarios makes total sense.

thats what they did.. it's a used vortec supercharger taken apart with an electric motor mounted to the impeller, a bank of LTO cells and it turns on at wide open throttle. but version 2 was going to use more common motors and stuff, Arduino controller for boost curve but he like everyone else decided tx was a good place to move to,has been completely robbed by contractor's trying to get a building built. there's basically no rules here and when they take your money and do crappy work, they just go out of business and change names. nothing you can do about it. so he's eaten about 100k in fixes out of pocket and set the project back 2 years. my wife's parents said it best when they moved here to be close to the grand kids, it's just feels like everyone here has their hand out taking your money for reasons you've never had to deal with before lol. it's definitely the wild wild west, as in your the stage coach getting robbed.

if anyone is interested

dyno

track follow up

board isn't the most busy but guys all over the world building different setups. the different and clever ideas are impressive to me. lots of cool machining work done in small home shops.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just follow along, but it would be cool, since I've got all the batteries and inverters already on the truck, I could tie into whats there, and if I could make say 3 to 4 lbs of boost, without any downsides, be kinda cool.

but I tell myself, I have enough projects, it's the wife's mini van. I need to leave it alone haha.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is there a replacement VLOM (valley lifter oil manifold) gasket, or does the entire part need to be replaced?

I'm still in "oil leak investigation" mode, and figure since I just replaced the intake manifold gaskets, and had it all apart, I should think about replacing the other parts .... Now that it's all back together.

:rolleyes:

I can't believe you left that VLOM in there. Did you at least snug up the loose bolts? See the red circles in this picture? They are some of the rivets that hold the solenoid carriage to the cover. The gasket is sandwiched between them. You will not be able to replace that gasket. Will need a new complete assembly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy