What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe you left that VLOM in there. Did you at least snug up the loose bolts? See the red circles in this picture? They are some of the rivets that hold the solenoid carriage to the cover. The gasket is sandwiched between them. You will not be able to replace that gasket. Will need a new complete assembly.

Node of the bolts were loose. As far as I could tell the oil pressure sensor was leaking oil. I'm sure I couldn't get enough torque on it just reaching back there with no leverage when I swapped it out a little while ago. I stuck a camera back there the other day after driving it for a while and the back of the engine looked dry, so fingers crossed that's all it was.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just follow along, but it would be cool, since I've got all the batteries and inverters already on the truck, I could tie into whats there, and if I could make say 3 to 4 lbs of boost, without any downsides, be kinda cool.

but I tell myself, I have enough projects, it's the wife's mini van. I need to leave it alone haha.

Is there a table or graph that would compute what 4psi added to a stock engine would add in terms of HP/TQ? There's already a 2nd battery tray in the engine bay.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a table or graph that would compute what 4psi added to a stock engine would add in terms of HP/TQ? There's already a 2nd battery tray in the engine bay.

it's been a while since I watched but I believe the dyno video shows hp per 1# boost. I wanna say he got 200hp from 8 or 9lbs? something like that.

the 2nd battery tray would he a good place for a battery pack, sadly there's just not enough energy in a 12v car battery to do much, you would have to build a pack up in the 42v or higher rang. tons of info on that board and in other videos on his channel. as always the devil is in the details. this isn't a bolt on type thing you gotta make most of it by scratch but if you had the time and effort to put into it. it seems like you wouldn't have all the normal supercharger issues with heat, whiney noise, belt throws and daily annoying stuff. I had a procharger years ago on a car making 15lbs and honestly it was annoying long term. always something to deal with, at this point I don't think I'd ever supercharger anything again. like my c6, there's not a single turbo kit that's not horrible for it. so I just leave it stock.. I dislike everything available for it.

at this point in life I enjoy the magic carpet ride feeling of a completely quiet car that feels effortless taking off. for me it would be cool if it spooled up like 2lbs of boost about 1500 rpms and held that out. just a little tq hit down low without the need for a ton of support mods like injectors and pumps. I do have access to wot fueling target, just make sure it's a bit richer about 100kpa. I think fuel tech makes a map clamp so it doesn't go above 100kpa and ecm throw it out as a bad sensor and then just turn the maf target. knock a deg a timing out and call it a day.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
time for boost.
eventually, I kept telling myself I would do it when I had a certain amount of money saved up and went past that and still hesitant to spend the money, maybe when cruela passes away I might get a little windfall. Takes me too long to save money to turn around and drop a *** on something unnecessary.
even if I hit a million dollar lotto it would take me a while to break down and spend some other than on a house.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
took it in for a mobile1 oil change and then left it at the dealer to have the coolant flushed and asked them to see what they can find regarding the slop in the drivetrain.
then I will take it to the transmission shop and see what they say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy