What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy moly, I always give mine a shake when I do tire rotations for peace of mind.
I did replace the passenger side just over 100k when I bought it, it was bad.
The driver side must have been changed before I bought it because it's still good now.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy moly, I always give mine a shake when I do tire rotations for peace of mind.
I did replace the passenger side just over 100k when I bought it, it was bad.
The driver side must have been changed before I bought it because it's still good now.

When I had it in the shop for inspection, and they replaced the passenger side they said the way to tell if it's going bad is to lift the entire truck, and put a stethoscope on the coil spring while spinning the wheel. They said the driver's side was fine.

When I had my Armada on the road (it had four-wheel independent suspension) I did a lot of hub assemblies on it, and they always had a long progression before failure... you could feel it getting loose side to side.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had it in the shop for inspection, and they replaced the passenger side they said the way to tell if it's going bad is to lift the entire truck, and put a stethoscope on the coil spring while spinning the wheel. They said the driver's side was fine.

When I had my Armada on the road (it had four-wheel independent suspension) I did a lot of hub assemblies on it, and they always had a long progression before failure... you could feel it getting loose side to side.
I always just try to rock them up and down. If it feels tight, good enough for me.
Sometimes they'll start making noise before they get loose though which is even better.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, you win. How long did it take to go from "I didn't know anything was wrong." to "Oh ****."? I swear it only took about an 90 minutes for me.

And, I can see how the 4x4 front axle C/V stub would act as an anchor, holding the wheel somewhat attached to the knuckle, but what about 2wd trucks? Do they send their wheels flying down the road at 70mph?
i guess it happens, the one on my 2wd 03 went out and progressed quickly to sounding like two metal plates rubbing together rather loudly and was pretty wiggly but it made it 30 miles or so home, usually they just start making some humming type noise or a low grinding sound that you start hearing over the road noise while driving or a "clicking/ticking" noise's when you spin the wheel

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ok, you win. How long did it take to go from "I didn't know anything was wrong." to "Oh ****."? I swear it only took about an 90 minutes for me.

And, I can see how the 4x4 front axle C/V stub would act as an anchor, holding the wheel somewhat attached to the knuckle, but what about 2wd trucks? Do they send their wheels flying down the road at 70mph?
Yeah it was around a similar amount of time. I had to take a ride, and at 1st it felt a little strange through the steering wheel. After a bit it felt like there was something stuck between a brake pad. I made it there with no problem. On the way home, maybe a few blocks before getting home it got really loud and sounded and felt like there was metal grinding. I made it home np. As soon as I jacked the front end up I couldn't believe how lucky I had been.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius