What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I broke the defroster connector today. Knowing this is a frequent failure, I avoid opening the glass. And when I do open it, I don't let it swing all the way. It broke anyway, while the glass was closed.

View attachment 416963
I had my rear glass replaced like 6 months ago, by safelite, partially because the stock one had that issue, and also it was scratched pretty bad.
Within a month or two, the new Safelite glass did the same exact thing and I only opened it once or twice. But it popped off while it was sitting there closed, and I had not even turned on the defroster once.

KraftMatic87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knocked out several projects in the past few days on my 2009 Yukon XL Denali.

- Replaced passenger side CV axle
- Replaced rear brake rotors and pads (PowerStop Z23 rotors with ceramic pads)
- Replaced starter

IMG_4210.jpg

IMG_4219.jpg

IMG_4637 (1).jpg

IMG_4597 (1).jpg

IMG_2977 (1).JPG

Next projects :

- Air ride delete / New front and rear shocks and struts
- Replace fuel pump / sending unit and all fuel lines

The beast is running real good! Going up to Grand Lake for Christmas this weekend with the family and I'll probably hit 150k on the odometer while I'm up there! Currently at 149,500!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I broke the defroster connector today. Knowing this is a frequent failure, I avoid opening the glass. And when I do open it, I don't let it swing all the way. It broke anyway, while the glass was closed.

View attachment 416963

Not sure how good it works, but I've seen people warm up the coiled wire with a hair dryer (or more carefully with a heat gun) and stretch it out a bit while the wire is warm. Hold until it cools, and it should stay a bit stretched. That should take some of the tension off the connections.

Frostfighter FTW.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 416963
Mine fell off too. I did the rear frost, and wiper arm delete. and double 5% tint. Rear squirter still good for attacks.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my rear glass replaced like 6 months ago, by safelite, partially because the stock one had that issue, and also it was scratched pretty bad.
Within a month or two, the new Safelite glass did the same exact thing and I only opened it once or twice. But it popped off while it was sitting there closed, and I had not even turned on the defroster once.

My rear defroster stopped working last year. Neither of the connectors popped off, but it just doesn't get any heat. I've swapped the relay with a known good one, but still....

It would be nice to have.