What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just installed my impulse Christmas present to myself… the red stitching is a little cringe, it’s just a little too extra. I’m thinking about returning it for the all black leather version, no CF with grey stitching. Planning on wrapping the faux wood with CF vinyl.View attachment 417183
The red adds horsepowers though

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just installed my impulse Christmas present to myself… the red stitching is a little cringe, it’s just a little too extra. I’m thinking about returning it for the all black leather version, no CF with grey stitching. Planning on wrapping the faux wood with CF vinyl.View attachment 417183
I think it looks great! Nice work!

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cops are extremely rare by my house since I live on the outer edge of the police/sherriff perimeter one side the street is police the otherside is sherriff, plus I was in hurry to get to the post office. I don't know why people can't merge it's not that hard......
It's illegal for police to enforce laws in California anyway.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe if you were trying to do like an older model escalade v type situation

Last edited:

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still searching for a post hub replacement noise on the driver's side.... Sounds like a scraping/dragging/rubbing noise.

Yesterday I pulled the wheel, caliper, and bracket to clean everything up, and double-check my work. Everything looked & felt ok, except that the brake pad grooves were filled in with undetermined schmutz, and I'm not sure what would have filled in the pad grooves. I scrapped them clean with a small flathead, reassembled everything, and bled the caliper. Spinning the tire before dropping the truck to the ground yielded no noise so I thought everything was fine. But as soon as I started driving the noise came back.

I drove around for 15 mins, and did the pad bedding procedure to see if maybe that would help get everything back into alignment after the failed hub was replaced, but nope.

Now, because I didn't check, I think it might be the pad hardware/stainless clips that provide that comically small amount of return pressure so the pads don't drag on the rotating rotor.

Any thoughts before I race out in between the rain and pull the wheel off again?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still searching for a post hub replacement noise on the driver's side.... Sounds like a scraping/dragging/rubbing noise.

Yesterday I pulled the wheel, caliper, and bracket to clean everything up, and double-check my work. Everything looked & felt ok, except that the brake pad grooves were filled in with undetermined schmutz, and I'm not sure what would have filled in the pad grooves. I scrapped them clean with a small flathead, reassembled everything, and bled the caliper. Spinning the tire before dropping the truck to the ground yielded no noise so I thought everything was fine. But as soon as I started driving the noise came back.

I drove around for 15 mins, and did the pad bedding procedure to see if maybe that would help get everything back into alignment after the failed hub was replaced, but nope.

Now, because I didn't check, I think it might be the pad hardware/stainless clips that provide that comically small amount of return pressure so the pads don't drag on the rotating rotor.

Any thoughts before I race out in between the rain and pull the wheel off again?
I’ve noticed that even though both inner and outer pads, look identical, on some pad sets, the rivets are in a different position such that they will interfere with the caliper piston if installed at the inboard position. This was true for the Powerstop pads I just installed on my ‘07.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968