What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a bad idea on the motor mount. Did you also have to unbolt the front driveshaft for access, if you recall?
Nope. I did remove the exhaust heat shield on that side though, and I had to separate the steering shaft from the rack. Not as difficult as it sounds, but took some massaging to get it to pull apart.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my ongoing p0420 issue with the drivers side cat that started throwing a code after 6 months may finally be resolved the muffler shop said they will warranty it so it goes in for a new cat tomorrow, saves me $650. got the dmv renewal in the mail yesterday saying it needed to be smogged but could have sworn I smogged it last year (ca does bi-annual).

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my ongoing p0420 issue with the drivers side cat that started throwing a code after 6 months may finally be resolved the muffler shop said they will warranty it so it goes in for a new cat tomorrow, saves me $650. got the dmv renewal in the mail yesterday saying it needed to be smogged but could have sworn I smogged it last year (ca does bi-annual).
Fingers crossed for you.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do you think is melting the cats?

there's a setting in hp tuners to disable over cat temp. it's math so no actually temp, but when it thinks the cat is over temp it does stuff to try and save it. most things I read say to disable that when tuning. I've only tuned my ls3 but it's still got it's cats, so I've always turned to back on it hopes it saves the cats on track days and stuff but most leave it off. I honestly don't fully understand how it works. Just wondering if maybe that was turned off in your tune and it's eating cats?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what do you think is melting the cats?

there's a setting in hp tuners to disable over cat temp. it's math so no actually temp, but when it thinks the cat is over temp it does stuff to try and save it. most things I read say to disable that when tuning. I've only tuned my ls3 but it's still got it's cats, so I've always turned to back on it hopes it saves the cats on track days and stuff but most leave it off. I honestly don't fully understand how it works. Just wondering if maybe that was turned off in your tune and it's eating cats?
I don't think I have burnt any with this vehicle, when I had my 00 I know I burnt up a few but I had my foot in that thing a lot more, like light to light full throttle and plenty of hours of top end cruising at 130+. drove around a lot more back then than I do now. Funny thing though I don't think I ever replaced a cat on my 03 silverado that I drove to 250k and my sister has it now and I think the cat's are still just fine. There something about the 00 that made it go thru cat's left & right (probably the driver lol), occasionaly a 02 sensor

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
huh. makes me wonder if they had some bad cats or sized wrong compared to a performance application

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish they made heavy duty everything because I am just h-ard on things, when I buy pretty much anything I have to judge how well it is made because I know it will just get broken, I have to examine the weak spots and make a decision on if it is strong enough or if I should try and find a better design, usually this goes right along with cost involved. It's also why I hate buying stuff online because you can't examine it beforehand.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchavez95

Latest posts