What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
-13 this morning and my radiator is seeping at the driver side seam. I have a 265 mile trip to the cabin ahead of me, leaving on Friday. I wonder if I could let it ride or if I need to change it out?
I would change it the only good thing is radiators are fairly easy to do and you could do most of it with gloves on
5 gallon tank of propane with a heater will help

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So apparently this weekend with the single digit HIGH temperatures, it killed my battery. the first crank is barley happening, then it starts to turn over and eventually does. Its new trick is that the climate control automatically turns on to 74, and the passenger side only blows cold air. my wife was loving it yesterday. so im addition to having to be out when its 0* out to go visit her dad whos moving into hospice, she has no heat on her side of the truck. its been a great weekend.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much coolant am I going to need for a radiator swap.
just one jug of conectrate and water or distilled water is what is supposed to be used, I just use the hose. I usually flush it annually anyway
it shouldn't take a lot just changing the radiator a lot of it is still inside everywhere else, block, water pump, heater cores, etc
tilt the front up if you can, like drive up on some ramps or wood. then after you have the new one in put it back level or tilt the back up some.
that will help prevent coolant spilling out when you remove it and help get air out when refilling.
refill coolant/water mix, leave the cap off and just let it idle and get up to temp, top it off and put the cap on. test drive, recheck coolant level, check for leaks.

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So apparently this weekend with the single digit HIGH temperatures, it killed my battery. the first crank is barley happening, then it starts to turn over and eventually does. Its new trick is that the climate control automatically turns on to 74, and the passenger side only blows cold air. my wife was loving it yesterday. so im addition to having to be out when its 0* out to go visit her dad whos moving into hospice, she has no heat on her side of the truck. its been a great weekend.

ouch.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much coolant am I going to need for a radiator swap.
3 gallons of 50/50 pre-mix should do it.

Edit: Didn't see Wes's message before I posted this. But I've done this job a dozen times given various services on our Yukon XLs, and have always needed some of the third gallon after draining the system.

I put a Carquest radiator in my '07 from the local Advance Auto, and it's been fabulous. OEM quality but pricier than getting a Denso from RA. I'm mentioning this in case you don't have the time to wait for one to come by UPS.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a video on how to do that passenger side actuator if you find out that is the problem. I had the same issue with the passenger side blowing warm air in the summer. it's the one above the hvac box under the passenger side airbag

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchavez95

Latest posts