What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I can’t stand the left / right / rear control options just do the whole damn truck the same. KISS. Keep it simple stupid.

I'll give you that one.. having to adjust the rear from the rear is proper annoying. does the manual have rear controls in the front?

you kinda got me wanting to change

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer. Had the same thing happen over the holidays on our '07. TPMS saved our bacon because it happened on the highway so it gave me time to get off at an exit and change the tire in a gas station parking lot.

View attachment 421087
View attachment 421088

what is that?

man it's been a bad week for tires. tirerack delivers mine Monday.

I got lucky it hit just right to hold air cause I have no spare anywhere that fits this thing lol. ugh. I need to atleast find one to keep around the house. can't leave the the wife and kid waiting around 3 hours for a AAA tow home.
there's like one spare tire kit left in the country it seems and they want 500$ for it. that feels kinda harsh.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll give you that one.. having to adjust the rear from the rear is proper annoying. does the manual have rear controls in the front?
To do the rears, you set what you want up front before hitting the 'rear' button. Should set rears to the same as front?

Manual also has a 'rear' button.

Current problem I have, rear is on full heat. I need to check my wiring today..

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what is that?

man it's been a bad week for tires. tirerack delivers mine Monday.

I got lucky it hit just right to hold air cause I have no spare anywhere that fits this thing lol. ugh. I need to atleast find one to keep around the house. can't leave the the wife and kid waiting around 3 hours for a AAA tow home.
there's like one spare tire kit left in the country it seems and they want 500$ for it. that feels kinda harsh.
No clue. But it looks like it was run over by a thousand other cars before I hit it just right.

I had a compressor with me but the tire was losing air so fast it was useless. In our LR2, I have one of these, which would've worked to seal and then inflate the tire: https://a.co/d/eMbJyC0

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say my auto doesn't work worth a crap. I find myself adjusting all the time. my other car that has auto I just set a temp and forgot.

I could see swapping it over annoying
I think about it completely the opposite. Our old Infiniti had the worst auto temp controls - it would blast the fan at 100% for the first 20 minutes trying to get the temp to where it needed to be. I really like that the Yukons gently bring the fan up to speed as the engine heats up for heat, or as the A/C system starts working when it's hot out. We literally never need to touch the buttons, year round. I can tell who has one of these and wants the fan blasting in their face because their buttons are worn off. I had to send my wife this article to get her to change her habits though:

Reaction score
My AUTO hvac unit works fine for me. I keep it on Auto with REAR turned on so the entire vehicle is the same temp. When wife rides in car she Adjusts the temp on her side which turns on the Pass button and enables dual control. If any of the kids are in the back and they want it different they'll adjust the controls back there.

When I get back into the car just myself I'll turn off the pass button and just get it back to auto with the rear on

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My AUTO hvac unit works fine for me. I keep it on Auto with REAR turned on so the entire vehicle is the same temp. When wife rides in car she Adjusts the temp on her side which turns on the Pass button and enables dual control. If any of the kids are in the back and they want it different they'll adjust the controls back there.

When I get back into the car just myself I'll turn off the pass button and just get it back to auto with the rear on
Yep, exactly the same way we use it also. I really like the system.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think about it completely the opposite. Our old Infiniti had the worst auto temp controls - it would blast the fan at 100% for the first 20 minutes trying to get the temp to where it needed to be. I really like that the Yukons gently bring the fan up to speed as the engine heats up for heat, or as the A/C system starts working when it's hot out. We literally never need to touch the buttons, year round. I can tell who has one of these and wants the fan blasting in their face because their buttons are worn off. I had to send my wife this article to get her to change her habits though:

my other cars with auto I may adjust 2 or 3 degrees up or down depending on summer and winner. but this yukon? can't do it. the auto programing is just awful for me. when I got the truck the buttons looked brand new. not a week later completely worn off. it's just never the right temp. or blowing super loud for nothing.

maybe it's my truck? the Temps from side to side basically do nothing either. you can have a 10deg difference in temp and not tell a single difference. plus I gotta hit recirculate ever time. if I forget, not 5 mins into a drive I got some no cat having Ford work truck stinking me out and then it takes forever to get the air out.

these are all things I have zero problems with in any other vehicle I drive. even older or newer gm auto systems.

could also be we get big temp swings here, it can be 50 on the way to work and 115 with a inside temp of 160 on the way home. but still, my other cars handle it just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate