What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
The town I am moving to in WY has a fireworks store that is open year round and is fully stocked with all the good stuff.
Couple of years ago we got tennis ball sized mortars for the 4th.
Have fun with your fireworks.
They're illegal to sell here in St. Louis County, but both counties to the west and south (St. Charles, Jefferson) have large stores that are open year round plus the many pop up tents everywhere this time of year. It only takes me a 10-15 minute drive to get to them.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well.....
yesterday morning before I left I swapped the rear 02 sensors and cleared the p0430 code I was getting
drove it close to 500 miles yesterday, about 3/4 thru it hiccuped on me and set some pending codes, I knew it did because my vehicle monitor came up on the radio screen but had no active code
checked when I got back and I have p0300 (pending), p0174 bank2 (pending), p0430 (permanent)
fuel trims look great so the 174 makes no sense, confirmed active random misfires on cy1 & cy7 that start rearing there head at around 1100rpm and I can hear some associated rattling.
so, pretty sure I do not have a vacuum leak, maf data seems somewhat ok at first it was showing a tiny bit high but after a few restarts and rechecks it balanced out ok
02 voltages look ok but not sure how much that tells
i'm thinking bad 02 sensor or sensors but these things are only 6 months old. decided to gamble a $100 and going to replace both the rear 02 sensors and see if the misfire goes away.
the left side of engine has been a little noisy very very slight intermittent so if it's not the 02 sensors then I guess I need to move on to left bank lifters?
I can't really find anything that says a bank1 misfire will cause a bank2 lean but the fuel trims look good 0-3 at least at idle and they have never been a problem previoulsly

everything I have read so far has noted bad 02 sensors in common and I do have a spare maf I can throw on it as well.

any thoughts?

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since your MAF values were a little funky, I would swap that in and see if it makes any difference.
A misfire in one bank should not cause a lean condition on the other bank, the separate O2 sensors should deal with that.