What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scrappycrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the most annoying noises for me has always been a vehicle's keys rattling on the dash or steering column. I took care of that in my '57 Chevy by gluing a square of felt below the ignition switch (it's still there, and surprisingly not faded), and today I eliminated the sound of the fob clack-clack-clacking on the column in my '13 Tahoe by putting a square of scrap Dynamat inside the cover and a squircle of 1/8" 30A-durometer neoprene (McMaster-Carr P/N 1374N25) below the ignition switch. Ahh...

PXL_20240621_132838492~2.jpg

PXL_20240621_132904756~2.jpg

Scrappycrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
many many years ago I seperated my keys, so I just have the ignition key and fob and all other keys are on a seperate key ring. once I saw how much a full set of keys scratched the hell out of the ignition area I put a stop to that.
All of my four vehicles' keys are on separate rings. The Tahoe only has the key, fob, and a safe key.

Besides the scratching a gaggle of keys can do, they can damage the ignition lock tumbler and/or switch. You might recall both Ford and GM had to do recalls because too many folks had key rings that were too heavy. Some ignition switches caught fire, some vehicles would shut off randomly.

In a Record Recall, Ford Is Set to Repair 8 Million Vehicles

Post GM recall: How heavy is your key chain?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there was a car that had a factory rubber mat there, I can't remember forsure which it was but it was a soft rubber but not flat. it had a few ridges in it for some compression. worked well

is it possible it's the obs? honestly these things should have the fob that stays in your pocket with a push button. it's amazing how annoyed I am at carrying keys around when at first I was like push button is dumb. now this yukon is the only car I still have keys for and I absolutely hate it. gm started push button in 05. how does 2011 still have have it in what's considered a fully loaded truck.

lady that owns a shop we deal with from time to time for inspections loves her tahoes, had every Gen up till 2020 I think it was. she finally gave up. said the one she got still having to deal with keys was to much after. driving her daughters Ford. for a while and when a deal came along she bailed.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have KO2s on both of mine. Mid life they seem to be a booger to balance. I’m looking at options as well. I may pull them off thethirdtwin way early.
Mine are noisy, but I'm so used to it that it doesn't seem so. ‍♂️
They balanced weird at first...they were good up to 70-85...then bad vibes.
So had them rebalanced so they were happy at 80...and vibrated at like 45-50 for a while.
Then they've been good at all speed pretty much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velt