What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3k to pull 1 head and change 8 lifters with new afm lifters?

man what do shops get for a full delete kit these days? I feel like yours getting into full drop in stroker motor long block at that point.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3k to pull 1 head and change 8 lifters with new afm lifters?

man what do shops get for a full delete kit these days? I feel like yours getting into full drop in stroker motor long block at that point.
I am sure there is a janky place around here that could do it cheaper but this is my daily and road trip vehicle I want at least some confidence no shortcuts are done, that shop I got the price from has been around for probably 50 years they used to do drag cars but some of the mechanics retired and they don't have equipment they used to have to work on the carbs

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the going rate is the going rate.
it's just the one side? and I guess you gotta put in afm lifters in it? everything always breaks at the wrong time

since it's a race shop, have you priced a stroker short block price? you make really like. the extra tq and reuse your heads?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the going rate is the going rate.
it's just the one side? and I guess you gotta put in afm lifters in it? everything always breaks at the wrong time

since it's a race shop, have you priced a stroker short block price? you make really like. the extra tq and reuse your heads?
that's using oem parts, no I haven't looked at any engine options if I were to do anything I would throw a magnusen or something on it. I just want it back to running right.
I can swing the money with a credit card and only pay a one time fee of 4% which I can get back in credits on another card and I don't have to take a hit on my savings then I have a year to pay it off

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@donjetman I'm sure is way better at reading plugs than me.. there's an art to it.

but all this specking might be a thing and lead to what I believe they call carbon tracking? basically the plug shorts from the deposits on it so it doesn't arc right. I've done it myself but it was a decent amount of pinging that caused mine.

Img_2024_06_24_21_40_43.jpeg

if it was mine, I'd throw a cheap 3$ plug in it from a local auto parts store just incase. probably nothing but maybe. might even try an autolight of all things haha. there was a thread years about about false knock on a diy tuning board. 2 years long and at the end someone random said try an auto light and damned if that didn't cut the knock rate in half for no good reason.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@donjetman I'm sure is way better at reading plugs than me.. there's an art to it.

but all this specking might be a thing and lead to what I believe they call carbon tracking? basically the plug shorts from the deposits on it so it doesn't arc right. I've done it myself but it was a decent amount of pinging that caused mine.

View attachment 431136

if it was mine, I'd throw a cheap 3$ plug in it from a local auto parts store just incase. probably nothing but maybe. might even try an autolight of all things haha. there was a thread years about about false knock on a diy tuning board. 2 years long and at the end someone random said try an auto light and damned if that didn't cut the knock rate in half for no good reason.
didn't look that close lol, already put it back in
here is a couple more zoomed in
5B.jpg5c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilithMoon