What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep a few of use bought these a couple years ago, price is actually not crazy, mine has come in handy a few times, mostly for easy tire rotations, I take it with me on road trips in case of a flat. since then I found the matching drill and a couple extra batteries for cheap used.

Another spare tire trick is you can use a long ass 1/2" extension on the tire winch to lower or raise it instead of that factory Chinese steel crap. Stick the female end on the winch lug with the male end sticking out the bumper and a 9/16" 12 point socket top fit on a 1/2" lug wrench/ratchet. My Dewalt cordless ratchet works perfect for this. It won't fit through the factory guide tube though. Mine fell off and I tried that setup for the hell of it and stayed with it. Just need a flashlight to look in there while you guide the extension into place. Don't use the impact gun for this the winch won't like it. Just a manual lug wrench or ratchet or power ratchet. Impact wrench spins too fast and has too much torque.

Reaction score
This is the one I have. It generates 600 ft/lbs. I do have an Ingersoll-Rand tool, but lost the compressor. @##&&$# divorce.

View attachment 433091

View attachment 433092

View attachment 433093

yep a few of use bought these a couple years ago, price is actually not crazy, mine has come in handy a few times, mostly for easy tire rotations, I take it with me on road trips in case of a flat. since then I found the matching drill and a couple extra batteries for cheap used.
Yup, I have the same one and also take it with me on road trips just in case. I throw it in the storage compartment at the back of drivers side cargo area.

That was actually the first RIDGID cordless tool I bought

Reaction score
Except my yard tools, they're 80v brushless.

Convertible trimmer, leaf blower, and 18" chainsaw all 80v. I have an 8" tree trimmer attachment and hedge trimmer attachment for the trimmer also.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ditched the hood insulation for both of mine. I want heat rejection not retention.

I’m still contemplating the louver on thethirdtwin. I had a H3 piece in mind, but it was back ordered. Now the price jumped up by $100.
I've had a couple browser tabs open with some from a shop, and now when I was actually looking to buy them, not only are they out of stock, but it doesn't even say that they will manufacture them anymore, and some of the other ones it says they're out of stock but you can still order them. :rolleyes:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Team Red all the way.

red changed the game and took construction brand into the automotive world thru shear force of showing up the big names for half the price and will be the bench mark for a while.

that said they have been out paced by a few brands in target markets. but if you want to impact some big stuff, pull the battery and use the best tire inflator on the market, pump out some water and then weed wack your lawn. it's hard to beat red. later diy power your kids power wheels.

on a individual note, I believe snap on and Dewalt are fighting for top 1/2in drive impact in the tests right now. but not many auto mechanics are going to rock yellow in the shop. if you need a 1in impact in reverse, ingersoll I believe has that covered. 3/4 and 1in forward for building bridges and stuff in red.

the flex volt 60v Dewalt chainsaw usually beats anything but a top end gas and only then run time hurts it a bit. things a monster. they also have the only good heat gun.

team red 12v line is really good thou. not sure anyone tops it overall. their soldering iron is really good.

ryobi of all things has the only jump box that works with a line of drill batterys.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that!
Guess at idle it's maybe not too bad...
If it's bogging from a stop, maybe around 1000+ rpms under load might show some difference? (never tested mine driving)

My one exhaust nut that's easy to reach broke loose..
still tight/creaking backing out a couple turns so I'm applying more liquid wrench..

Really need short sockets (15mm) for the exhaust manifold to pipe! (or 19/32"!) Can't reach but the one, so even if I had an impact I'm useless!
Think I'm buying a backpressure gauge and drill a couple small holes... Probably should get some short 1/2" sockets anyways..

I like these these as super handy for the price they have 3/8 and 1/2. your exhaust should be 15mm

Astro Tools 78314 14-Piece 3/8" Drive Low Profile Nano Impact Sockets - Metric https://a.co/d/h8Lzr3z

but your probably need something like this but my guess in a mid depth, short might not get on it and long gets in the way. I think these are short, but you get the idea

Astro Pneumatic Tool 78344 10-Piece 3/8" Drive Nano Pinless Universal Impact Sockets - Metric, Black https://a.co/d/1UYc9VE

and these transmission extensions are super handy, but without a lift you don't want the standard 36in long one. this is 22in. but mainly they are 1/2in drive to 3/8 tip so you can user the thinner 3/8 sockets and swivels without torque robbing adapters.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does Rigid have a 20v line or are they still using 18v for their battery packs?
My Porter Cable stuff is all 20v.

I'm pretty sure 18v and 20v are the same number of cells. 18v is the nominal voltage while 20v is the fully charged voltage. Just some differences in marketing.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're right, they can't be too short, the stud sticks out a little.. Thanks for the links!
I do have a regular 3/8" socket, but I don't wanna beat on those if possible. I'll probably get a 1/2" set..

I think everyone has convinced me I need an impact for removing wheels too! Would be nice to have one again..
Don't need to pre-loosen lugnuts before jacking up vehicle.. can undo spinny things without clamping them down.. I'm sold!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24