What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Writefast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the mirrors can be disassembled on the truck. takes about 15-20 minutes to just swap a motor out, little bit longer to take the motor apart if just replacing the gear.
it's common for the white plastic gear to split open, then it's just spinning it's wheels and not doing anything.
Dammit. I can hear both motors and then a couple of sharp clicks. That’s got to be a busted plastic gear. Any insight as to where I can get that gear?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dammit. I can hear both motors and then a couple of sharp clicks. That’s got to be a busted plastic gear. Any insight as to where I can get that gear?
the cheapest fix is a oem style gear off of ebay, (metal rod/plastic gear) there is a all metal gear on ebay also but that causes a short. the gruven fix is better but a bit pricey.
I put the ebay plastic gear in mine like 3 years ago and it's still working fine
if yours are still working but just noisy I wouldn't sweat it until it actually fails

Writefast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the cheapest fix is a oem style gear off of ebay, (metal rod/plastic gear) there is a all metal gear on ebay also but that causes a short. the gruven fix is better but a bit pricey.
I put the ebay plastic gear in mine like 3 years ago and it's still working fine
if yours are still working but just noisy I wouldn't sweat it until it actually fails
The motors works. The mirrors do not fold.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's the trick to running the cheap metal gear with the stock motor. Just gotta keep the case from grounding out. no need to replace the motor with those expensive ones.

there's a ton of youtube videos on removing the motors without pulling them off the door too.

Reaction score
So, this was odd and has never happened before....

I took the yukon to go get gas. I also needed lawn mower gas so I put the 5 gallon can in the cargo area. I litterally got about 4 houses away and my DIC dinged saying rear cargo door not secure or something and the door locks unlocked then locked. I stopped at the end of the road and everything looked fine.

I was thinking maybe the liftgate didn't fully latch when I put the gas can in. The Husky cargo liner lip sticks up a bit and maybe along with the gas can blocked it a bit or something.

The thing I thought was odd was the door locks unlocking/locking

Anyone ever have this happen?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, this was odd and has never happened before....

I took the yukon to go get gas. I also needed lawn mower gas so I put the 5 gallon can in the cargo area. I litterally got about 4 houses away and my DIC dinged saying rear cargo door not secure or something and the door locks unlocked then locked. I stopped at the end of the road and everything looked fine.

I was thinking maybe the liftgate didn't fully latch when I put the gas can in. The Husky cargo liner lip sticks up a bit and maybe along with the gas can blocked it a bit or something.

The thing I thought was odd was the door locks unlocking/locking

Anyone ever have this happen?
No but it does tell you if the hatch is open if in fact it is

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got under it didn't find anything too amazing the little heat shield that clips on the starter solenoid was down and was making contact on the starter power cable, can't really tell if it hit bare wire or not yet but it might barely have been you can see a small black spot on it and the solenoid wire is tied in with the knock sensor harness, I pushed it back up for now and the lower cover plate between the starter and bell housing had a definite ping/tiny sound if you touched it all so I zip tied it to the bell housing and the transmission cooler lines were dangling a little bit so zip tied those up. Will take another test drive after the wife gets back to watch the kids1000006379.jpg1000006381.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road