What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
If you have the factory tilt sensor, and it's still mounted on the lower airduct, there is a TSB about relocating it..

View attachment 435006

Mine used to go off all the time, I just removed it instead.
Opening it, there is a metal dome on a circuit board about the size of a half dollar with liquid inside.

View attachment 435007
How was it mounted, sticky tape?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update...

Went out and started yukon and the "Rear door unsecured" or whatever message was on the DIC. I opened the liftgate with the button on the overhead and went back to make sure the Husky mat wasn't blocking anything then closed it with the button on the liftgate. Message went away. I then went back and opened the glass and the same message displayed on the DIC. Closed glass and message went away.

So, is the sensor built into the latch? If so, how do I tell which latch, the liftgate or glass, may be going bad? Would the Tech2 help with this in any way?
They have seperate sensors. Liftgate Open/Ajar or Liftglass Ajar. I would have assumed the Tech2 would show it, but can't find it in the Tech 2 Paths..

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been hearing an inconsistent klank up front for a few days and the front end just feeling a little “loose”.

Found out my front passenger side sway bar end link decided to end our relationship without telling me…

Attachments

• IMG_4851.jpeg
    IMG_4851.jpeg
    269.2 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
If you have the factory tilt sensor, and it's still mounted on the lower airduct, there is a TSB about relocating it..

View attachment 435006

Mine used to go off all the time, I just removed it instead.
Opening it, there is a metal dome on a circuit board about the size of a half dollar with liquid inside.

View attachment 435007
I broke out the Tech2 and figured I'd look at the Theft Data info to see what triggered it. There was no trigger history, lol

20240811_143444.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I broke out the Tech2 and figured I'd look at the Theft Data info to see what triggered it. There was no trigger history, lol

View attachment 435030
the only thing that really set's off a factory alarm on the gmt800/900 is if a door is opened while it is armed, so it could very well be the rear hatch sensor. not sure how the rear actuator is configured as far that goes.
@mikez71 that's a mercury switch, it was probably added on at some point i don't think my Denali even has one factory

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had the tech2 hooked up a bit ago. Here's my fuel pump modual data screen

View attachment 435031

Also while in there looking around I noticed a screen where you can get a whole lot of misfire data.

Under ECM, Data Display, Misfire Data
ya that's where you get the misfire graphic, that's seperate from just regular misfire monitoring

Reaction score
the only thing that really set's off a factory alarm on the gmt800/900 is if a door is opened while it is armed, so it could very well be the rear hatch sensor. not sure how the rear actuator is configured as far that goes.
@mikez71 that's a mercury switch, it was probably added on at some point i don't think my Denali even has one factory
I was hoping that theft data would tell me which sensor set the alarm off, but it shows like it never went off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road