What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does any one elses windows rattle like CRAZY when they are rolled down? its driving me nuts!!
no, you might want to look inside the door panel and see if any of the guides are loose or even broken
take off the panel with the glass up and feel around and look in there with a flashlight, grab whatever you can and give it a tug and see where it is loose at.
should be mostly 10mm in there so I would have small ratchet with a 10mm on hand, maybe a small box wrench if a socket can't fit.
if you can't find anything with the glass up then connect the switch and roll the glass down and try again.
the plastic door clips are prone to breaking from being years old so you might want to order a handfull first, most auto parts stores do not carry the size needed for our trucks
but you can get bags full off of ebay/amazon for cheap. dealer wants like $7 each

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does any one elses windows rattle like CRAZY when they are rolled down? its driving me nuts!!

I don't know if rattle like crazy is the word for it, but mine do sound cheaply made and mostly crap when down. I figured it was normal. mine sound better all the way down or all the way up. half way is sloppy.

i thought this was normal lol. ugh. another thing to try and fix.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I almost swapped my 2011 for a 2019 Suburban Premier creampuff. According to the sales manager the 2019 was a creampuff, spotless, like new CPO with only 50K miles. A little high priced, but you know, for a creampuff worth it. We were in the area so stopped by. As soon as my wife opened the door she said "This smells like DOG!". Seats scratched up with some rips, dog hair, and aggressive tires for snow country. I decided to test drive it anyway and when we get back the sales manager asks what I think. So I tell him "scratched up, ripped seats, full of dog hair, smells like dog, and the tires are singing like Randy Travis!". He got mad and walked inside. MFer waisted our time.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, you might want to look inside the door panel and see if any of the guides are loose or even broken
take off the panel with the glass up and feel around and look in there with a flashlight, grab whatever you can and give it a tug and see where it is loose at.
should be mostly 10mm in there so I would have small ratchet with a 10mm on hand, maybe a small box wrench if a socket can't fit.
if you can't find anything with the glass up then connect the switch and roll the glass down and try again.
the plastic door clips are prone to breaking from being years old so you might want to order a handfull first, most auto parts stores do not carry the size needed for our trucks
but you can get bags full off of ebay/amazon for cheap. dealer wants like $7 each

yeah i need to investigate it. when the drovers window is rolled all the way that thing rattles and makes all kinds of noises, drives me insane. passenger window is quiet when its down. the rear windows flop around like a dogs face when they are all rolled down as far as they go...if you close the door in worried they'll shatter haha

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i need to investigate it. when the drovers window is rolled all the way that thing rattles and makes all kinds of noises, drives me insane. passenger window is quiet when its down. the rear windows flop around like a dogs face when they are all rolled down as far as they go...if you close the door in worried they'll shatter haha

I thought that was just normal. 80s quality window tracks in 2011 haha. if you can fix it, please let me know. I literally think my kid is going to break a window some day that I forget to roll then up.

not being funny, but owning gm's my whole life, I never questioned this wasn't just the level they built to these days haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms