What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
there is a "turban" wearing guy that pulls that shit from time to time at the entrance to the post office that I go to daily, he drives some nissan hatchback pulls in the drive and immediately flips a b*tch without looking I have stood on the horn at him several times, cussed, yelled, gave the finger, guy has no freaking clue just a matter of time till a collision happens

I have been to that part of the world (India), that's just how they do it. :jester:

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Years back I had my 1995 Acura Legend fully painted. The paint was damaged 4 times in 12 months after that new paint job.

1st: 2 months after getting it painted, I got rear ended. Not hard, but enough to crack my rear bumper. Turns out the guy behind me was was hit by someone two cars behind himself, I was third in line to get hit. Was a girl on her phone not paying attention.
2nd: 2 months later. My alarm was going off and my sister did exactly what I told her not to do. She left the car in 1st gear earlier that day with no parking brake and proceeded to hit random buttons on my remote to turn off the car. I told her to leave it in neutral , and put the parking brake on. She remote started the car and it drove 2mph forward into the garage door, then died. Damaged bumper.
3rd: Few months later. Guy working on my electronics on the car decided to key the entire right side of it after I told him it couldn't stay at his shop another month and I needed it back. Body shop felt pretty bad about it since they recommended him to me and they repainted the entire side for nothing, like $300.
4th: 2 months later. I parked 10 spaces away from anyone else at Ralphs in Westminster. For some reason, a douche bag parked right next to me instead of any of the 8 empty spots closer to the store. As I was walking out, he was walking to his truck. I started filming it immediately because I just knew what was going to happen. Yep, he open his door pretty hard and it whacked my passenger side door. I walked up and asked if he always had a habit of doing that and pointed out how I specifically parked away from everyone etc. In a surprise move he apologized and paid to get it fixed ($400-500 to redo the door as it went all the way to metal)

***BONUS***
Moved to TX. Had the Legend shipped to San Antonio straight to a transmission shop because the clutch was going out. The transport driver pulled the Legend off the transport. Problem was, there was a two foot gap between his ramp and the ground. Tore up my front bumper, radiator, undercarriage stuff. He admitted to it, shop witnessed it and it was written down on the invoice that he damaged the car. Guess what? GEICO denied my claim saying it could have been damaged before hand. (even though I took a video of the car before transport and the driver admitted to the damage and we had a pre-ship report with no damage on it). Took 12 months and lawyer to make it right. The odd thing was they didn't even file a claim against the trucking company until I hired a lawyer.

I learned 4 important lessons. 1) If you get your car repainted, it becomes a "hit me" magnet. 2) **** GEICO!! 3) Don't ever put a remote start on a MT car and expect people to listen to instructions. Either don't put the remote on, or never give them the FOB. 4) **** GEICO!!

TLDR: Don't ever get your vehicle a high quality paint job because it becomes an accident magnet.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Years back I had my 1995 Acura Legend fully painted. The paint was damaged 4 times in 12 months after that new paint job.

1st: 2 months after getting it painted, I got rear ended. Not hard, but enough to crack my rear bumper. Turns out the guy behind me was was hit by someone two cars behind himself, I was third in line to get hit. Was a girl on her phone not paying attention.
2nd: 2 months later. My alarm was going off and my sister did exactly what I told her not to do. She left the car in 1st gear earlier that day with no parking brake and proceeded to hit random buttons on my remote to turn off the car. I told her to leave it in neutral , and put the parking brake on. She remote started the car and it drove 2mph forward into the garage door, then died. Damaged bumper.
3rd: Few months later. Guy working on my electronics on the car decided to key the entire right side of it after I told him it couldn't stay at his shop another month and I needed it back. Body shop felt pretty bad about it since they recommended him to me and they repainted the entire side for nothing, like $300.
4th: 2 months later. I parked 10 spaces away from anyone else at Ralphs in Westminster. For some reason, a douche bag parked right next to me instead of any of the 8 empty spots closer to the store. As I was walking out, he was walking to his truck. I started filming it immediately because I just knew what was going to happen. Yep, he open his door pretty hard and it whacked my passenger side door. I walked up and asked if he always had a habit of doing that and pointed out how I specifically parked away from everyone etc. In a surprise move he apologized and paid to get it fixed ($400-500 to redo the door as it went all the way to metal)

***BONUS***
Moved to TX. Had the Legend shipped to San Antonio straight to a transmission shop because the clutch was going out. The transport driver pulled the Legend off the transport. Problem was, there was a two foot gap between his ramp and the ground. Tore up my front bumper, radiator, undercarriage stuff. He admitted to it, shop witnessed it and it was written down on the invoice that he damaged the car. Guess what? GEICO denied my claim saying it could have been damaged before hand. (even though I took a video of the car before transport and the driver admitted to the damage and we had a pre-ship report with no damage on it). Took 12 months and lawyer to make it right. The odd thing was they didn't even file a claim against the trucking company until I hired a lawyer.

I learned 4 important lessons. 1) If you get your car repainted, it becomes a "hit me" magnet. 2) **** GEICO!! 3) Don't ever put a remote start on a MT car and expect people to listen to instructions. Either don't put the remote on, or never give them the FOB. 4) **** GEICO!!

TLDR: Don't ever get your vehicle a high quality paint job because it becomes an accident magnet.
reminds of when I had my 4runner some douche keyed the drivers side, so I had it painted and low behold it gets keyed again I "heard" by word of mount who it was, just so happened I knew where the guy lived and I confronted him and told him if keys my f*kin truck again I would burn his house to the ground! about 3 months later the guy sold it moved to Mexico. End of that problem

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y’all have any ideas? @aniwack

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y’all have any ideas? @aniwack

no such thing as a airbag reset (per sey), either it passes self test or it doesn't. the only thing that would require a reset is if there was a airbag deployment and that requires either replacing the srs module or pull it out send it off to a 3rd party to clear it, gm won't do it and the tech2 cannot do it. in addition to replacing the airbag.
the srs system is self-checking, once everything is copacetic it turns the light off and everything is normal
if you replaced a sensor and the light is still on then there is a problem, no reset will fix it. you can clear it with a scanner, disconnect the battery, etc. but as soon as you cycle the key or the sensor in question errors out the light will be right back on
if the srs module under the DRIVERS seat is replaced either with a new or used one it has to be learned to the vin which the tech2 can do, the only catch is if a used one was used and it had a airbag deployment from the previous vehicle it will still have a error
on the gmt800's it was pretty common for a wire to break on the harness under the passenger seat going the seat sensor from the seat being moved back and forth, the system doesn't know any better so it just throws a passenger side sensor error and the MIL malfunction indicator light is commanded on.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thogan