What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oil temp seems kind of high, it should be around 180 unless i'm wrong

Yeah, I've been noticing that. However, isn't it a computed temp? There's no physical oil temperature sensor....? Wouldn't a faulty oil pressure sensor (reading 124psi) contribute to an incorrect temperature reading?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Either way, I have new parts on hand, waiting for some free time to install: radiator, radiator hoses, motor mount, EOC & TOC lines. More stuff on order as well, because who needs money?

Reaction score
How hard is it to change out the power steering hose, the forward most one that runs from the back of the reservoir to the rack?

Mine is looking corroded in the area where it transitions from hard tube to rubber.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been noticing that. However, isn't it a computed temp? There's no physical oil temperature sensor....? Wouldn't a faulty oil pressure sensor (reading 124psi) contribute to an incorrect temperature reading?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Either way, I have new parts on hand, waiting for some free time to install: radiator, radiator hoses, motor mount, EOC & TOC lines. More stuff on order as well, because who needs money?
good question, I just remember monitoring mine before just out of curiosity with the tech2 while I was having trouble with extra low mpg's and it would stay around 180 even if I was driving it very hard, my problem turned out to be bad cat's. I never considered what created the oil temperature reading, must be calculated somehow

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good question, I just remember monitoring mine before just out of curiosity with the tech2 while I was having trouble with extra low mpg's and it would stay around 180 even if I was driving it very hard, my problem turned out to be bad cat's. I never considered what created the oil temperature reading, must be calculated somehow

In another thread someone described how the oil temp was calculated based on a table, or set of tables, that took it account a ton of engine readings from sensors, and extrapolated a temp from the tables.

I would think it'd just be easier to include a couple sensors, but you'd probably see some wild numbers for vehicles towing under high load, and it'd cause more issues from panicked drivers. I'm an idiot, so don't believe anything I guessed here.*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMCO

Latest posts