What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with no hoa!
Don't need an HOA when people take care of their shit and everyone is on the same page, more or less. I hate the HOA rules when I have to have something approved, but I sure do appreciate them when my neighbor lets his dogs bark all night or his place looks like a hoarder lived there for 50 years... after only 2. Next door neighbor in Colorado had a blue tarp over half his roof and I asked him if he needed a hand with it. I said I'd help him put a new roof on. He said "Fcuk you". He had a yard so full of dogshit I couldn't sit by my fire pit on a summer evening. Lesson learned. When I moved to Richmond, I made sure we had an HOA. It only takes one...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't need an HOA when people take care of their shit and everyone is on the same page, more or less. I hate the HOA rules when I have to have something approved, but I sure do appreciate them when my neighbor lets his dogs bark all night or his place looks like a hoarder lived there for 50 years... after only 2. Next door neighbor in Colorado had a blue tarp over half his roof and I asked him if he needed a hand with it. I said I'd help him put a new roof on. He said "Fcuk you". He had a yard so full of dogshit I couldn't sit by my fire pit on a summer evening. Lesson learned. When I moved to Richmond, I made sure we had an HOA. It only takes one...
I agree but the one here and probably many others are stuck in 70's logic and won't update because the 10,000 home owners in the association never respond, don't vote,rent there places out and don't even live here, they can't even get a quorum to elect anyone. completely ridiculous. The few of us that want to make changes can't because of it

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try taping that split from behind. Reinforce it as best as you can, making it as rigid as possible, then try using a hair dryer on high heat using something to smooth that wrinkle out. I'd use the hair dryer once the headliner is back in place. You have a 50-50 shot of it working.
Thanks! I was thinking something similar (heat gun). hopefully it works.

I will try tomorrow

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with no hoa!
My neighborhood has an HOA. It's annoying as all hell too.
I got a a bunch of letters saying that I couldn't have my car parked in my own driveway with a car cover on it, that I had to take the car cover off because it makes the neighborhood look bad. This was a new custom cover by the way.

I wrote them back saying I would take it off if they were going to pay to have my car repainted (sun damage).

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My neighborhood has an HOA. It's annoying as all hell too.
I got a a bunch of letters saying that I couldn't have my car parked in my own driveway with a car cover on it, that I had to take the car cover off because it makes the neighborhood look bad. This was a new custom cover by the way.

I wrote them back saying I would take it off if they were going to pay to have my car repainted (sun damage).
Yeah that's an example of a bad HOA, and one that I would not accept unless there was no place else to live. I read the agreement for ours before we bought the house and it's okay to have cars parked in the street, a cargo trailer in the driveway, and even a car under a cover in the driveway. But it's not okay to have cars parked in the yard, junk laying around, a tarp on the roof, etc. It's the Goldilocks of HOA's: Just right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sparky23n