What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed some dimming of the headlights briefly on thecopcar a few weeks ago. I've been paying more attention to it, especially as it's happening more often. Doesn't seem to matter hi or low beam. It dims over a couple of seconds, then after a couple more comes back up. it's not sudden going either way. Lamps were part of new headlights I installed 4 years ago. I don't recall which lamps they were or if they were even marked.

Reaction score
I noticed some dimming of the headlights briefly on thecopcar a few weeks ago. I've been paying more attention to it, especially as it's happening more often. Doesn't seem to matter hi or low beam. It dims over a couple of seconds, then after a couple more comes back up. it's not sudden going either way. Lamps were part of new headlights I installed 4 years ago. I don't recall which lamps they were or if they were even marked.
Is anything kicking on when the headlights dim, like cooling fan or ac compressor?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Floored it. My father-in-law and I were on our way to pick up the camper from storage in the 2012 XL Denali (the one with the big truck cam in it), and ended up in an impromptu race from a traffic light, like ya do. Dude driving a new 4Runner decided he didn't want us getting in front of him and gunned it trying to eat up the space before the 4 lane went down to 2. I put my foot to the floor and that 6.2 ate up his 1 car-length lead in a heartbeat and passed him like he was standing still. He was PI55ED and laid on the horn, flipping us off, swerving all over the place behind us. I just kept on going and stayed out of his way.

LOVE that cam.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Floored it. My father-in-law and I were on our way to pick up the camper from storage in the 2012 XL Denali (the one with the big truck cam in it), and ended up in an impromptu race from a traffic light, like ya do. Dude driving a new 4Runner decided he didn't want us getting in front of him and gunned it trying to eat up the space before the 4 lane went down to 2. I put my foot to the floor and that 6.2 ate up his 1 car-length lead in a heartbeat and passed him like he was standing still. He was PI55ED and laid on the horn, flipping us off, swerving all over the place behind us. I just kept on going and stayed out of his way.

LOVE that cam.
Which truck cam are you running?

Last edited:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LOVE that cam.
What a douche bag, good for you buddy. Smoke his miserable ass. :thumbsup:

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anything kicking on when the headlights dim, like cooling fan or ac compressor?
Zeroing in is what I'm trying to do now. AC was off last night. FINALLY!

There's so much noise when driving that I can't hear the fans cycling though. Not much sound deadening in a PPV, plus the weapon locker rattles like a mofo.

Reaction score
Zeroing in is what I'm trying to do now. AC was off last night. FINALLY!

There's so much noise when driving that I can't hear the fans cycling though. Not much sound deadening in a PPV, plus the weapon locker rattles like a mofo.
Let it sit idling at night with the headlights on while you're outside the vehicle. You'll know when the fans come on. Or, turn the AC on, the fans come on with the AC

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cam Motion Stage 2 Truck Cam ("hi-lift" version). It's ground specifically for the 6.2, whereas most of the other "truck cams" out there are a generic grind for any GenIV LS engine. They also make a grind for the 5.3 and 4.8L.
Ok cool, I have a 5.3 so it's not an issue for me, but I was curious because most of the truck cams are aimed at 5'3s and work okay for 4/8. But they all seem a little on the smaller side for a 62. Didn't know anybody made 62 specific cams.
Healthy specs!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbruton89

Latest posts