What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure am glad that where my Yukon lives in Wyoming, E85 doesn't exist.
Plenty of pure gas but zero E85. :)

One of my sisters has a 2008 Silverado 5.3l and if you run E85 for more than a few tanks of gas it will throw a cat code.
Run a few tanks of regular gas through it and the code goes away.
I've run mine on (nearly exclusively) e85 for the last 83,000mi. Never had a cat code on this vehicle. But I did have that o2 sensor issue where the computer reads the ethanol content far lower than it is and it throws a lean code.
But they were aftermarket sensors that works properly for a year or so before that.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passed ca. Smog with 1 sensor not set and BB tune installed @BlackBearPerf
Fyi
Well, BB tunes I'm sure do not come with a carb E.O. Sticker/Number, so that gives me hope for my trans tune and oversized tires this next go around. Last time I waited till the last minute to get the smog done so I didn't want to dick around and I put the stock tune back on to ensure that I passed.

But this next go around, I'll try it without messing with anything. And then I will know I could get away with having a cam and DOD delete.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, BB tunes I'm sure do not come with a carb E.O. Sticker/Number, so that gives me hope for my trans tune and oversized tires this next go around. Last time I waited till the last minute to get the smog done so I didn't want to dick around and I put the stock tune back on to ensure that I passed.

But this next go around, I'll try it without messing with anything. And then I will know I could get away with having a cam and DOD delete.
I had it tested with the tune on just to see what would happen, passed no problem

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm feeling lazy and before I go search a ton. anyone know if the recirculate blend door is one that's eazy to get to on the auto hvac system, or hard, like dash pull. mine is getting noisey but works.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to check mine because in 21 california started checking the vehicles for illegal tunes, I am certain this will mostly apply to Diesels since the epa is on them like stink on a rotten egg

I think the epa is finally realizing even the oem can't make power with a diesel without crazy amounts of NOx. even though they said they could with Def lol. still trash oily fuel in = trash burn no mater how high tech.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm feeling lazy and before I go search a ton. anyone know if the recirculate blend door is one that's eazy to get to on the auto hvac system, or hard, like dash pull. mine is getting noisey but works.
I haven't done that one but it is up under the center/drivers side probably a pita to get done, upside down, maybe get a lawn chair or something to lay on up against a open drivers door, lay down and reach up from under the pedals, I don't think you have to pull the dash unless the door is broken

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't done that one but it is up under the center/drivers side probably a pita to get done, upside down, maybe get a lawn chair or something to lay on up against a open drivers door, lay down and reach up from under the pedals, I don't think you have to pull the dash unless the door is broken

I've been waiting for a good reason to buy one of those under dash creepers.

sounds like a good excuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsheyden10

Latest posts