What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
cleaned the tb and reset the idle after replacing some factory wire loom that was turning to dust, so had the air intake off. funny the only bad loom is what runs across the water pump. I've been half temped to put a little cooler stat in this thing for a while. I know they say it's not needed but being 115deg here and running 87. I feel like a 7-10deg cooler stat might help and definitely not hurt. really wish I had timing vs intake air temp table in hpt. blah.

debating sending off oil and trannys samples, but just 3k on the oil and 10k since the tranny fluid change. feels kinda early to get any good data back for the money.

I think I've finally confirmed no hybrid ecm has the capability of doing the virtual flex fuel and definitely won't get the support to enable a add on sensor. shame but it's not just hptuners and other scanners, that's not defined correctly. in the tech 2 not only is there no alcohol content % under fuel system. there's also no way to reset the virtual math under special stuff. I can't imagine they would leave the reset out if it was active

I was always pretty sure, but now I'm 100% sure. should have been obvious, no yellow cap no E. but there's always been disagreement about it. I'm sure since all the hardware is the same, the pumps lines and injectors can handle the alcohol, but the fuel correction just isn't there. not like anyone runs around wot racing in their hybrid, so it probably wouldn't ever hurt anything, but it's not correct.

Suede applicator pads were delivered. so tonight I'm going to try my hand at uv coating these new headlights. let them dry overnight, get them installed tomorrow so can send these old ones back for the warranty refund. going to be an interesting test.
So your pump and injectors are the same as an E85 capable model? I thought I've seen somewhere that there are different fuel pumps, non E85 and E85

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed convex right mirror glass.
IMG_0065.jpeg
Using 2 plastic prybars to remove old glass just bent both 90 degrees.
Reaching in from outside edge with 2-3 fingertips pulling behind actuator ring worked great.
Old mirror went flying and hit the ground. (Hold mirror with other hand)

New KoolVue mirrors have a thicker/sparser heating element.
They also have a different ring built in so you do not need original actuator rings.
IMG_0062.jpeg
I wish they had convex glass for the driver side too...

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So your pump and injectors are the same as an E85 capable model? I thought I've seen somewhere that there are different fuel pumps, non E85 and E85

as far as I know it's the same, I don't have the oem part numbers to compare, but aftermarket listing's seem to be the same. most newer car pumps have to handle e10/15 anyways. so I think they are just making them all a little better these days. funny thing hptuners days the fuel pump module is the same as the newer camaros and caddy

the injectors are the same part number from what I see.

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed convex right mirror glass.
View attachment 430411
Using 2 plastic prybars to remove old glass just bent both 90 degrees.
Reaching in from outside edge with 2-3 fingertips pulling behind actuator ring worked great.
Old mirror went flying and hit the ground. (Hold mirror with other hand)

New KoolVue mirrors have a thicker/sparser heating element.
They also have a different ring built in so you do not need original actuator rings.
View attachment 430412
I wish they had convex glass for the driver side too...

Did you swap out your mirror because the old one was bad?
After driving Class A equipment, I do not like convex mirrors at all on any vehicle.
I use my mirrors for backing up, often, so I do like the distorted view a convex mirror gives for that scenario.
Convex are handy for lane changes but I prefer a bubble mirror for that use with a regular, flat view mirror as the main mirror.
Maybe I'm just weird or maybe it's just a truck driving thing because I know lots of people like yourself that love the convex mirrors.

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got done changing the oil and installing a Fumoto valve.
Oil changes will be much easier from here on out.

Edit: After looking around more carefully at the heater hoses, it looks like I have a slight leak at the T connectors on the firewall. :(
Guess I will have to order all of the hoses and the T connectors and get that done.
Would be a good time to install the block heater I ordered awhile back.

Attachments

• 20240615_121408[1].jpg
    20240615_121408[1].jpg
    147 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you swap out your mirror because the old one was bad?
I bought some factory mirrors that came with flat glass. I like to see down side of vehicle (backing up) and blind spot at the same time. Was getting used to it, but still didnt like. I considered tow mirrors also. Also considered a stick on button mirror but figured its small.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap