What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally replaced this cheap ass duralast battery that the dealer put in when I bought it a couple of years ago. Hopefully the napa one I put in is better.
generic battery with a napa sticker on it, but only a 2-3 places make batteries, so all the auto parts stores have the same one. A new battery is usually a good thing

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Tried my hand at these.. not paying $120 to replace them.

View attachment 430400
View attachment 430402
Looks good.
I have thought on this for a long time and decided that I would try to use 3M pressure sensitive tape to create the replacement. Get nice wide stuff cut a piece to fit and stick on where the original was and then stick a pice to the back of it under the trim that retains it better. Sticky to sticky if you follow. Then cut the slit for the hinge.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
generic battery with a napa sticker on it, but only a 2-3 places make batteries, so all the auto parts stores have the same one. A new battery is usually a good thing
Damn..mood killer lol. I think it might be the alternator starting to give out anyway...still under warranty tho thank God to hott to work on stuff right now

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn..mood killer lol. I think it might be the alternator starting to give out anyway...still under warranty tho thank God to hott to work on stuff right now
lol, hey a new battery is a good thing, if you go to like autozone and orielly and napa and look the battery they are all the same they just slap there sticker on it is all. I think walmart has the same battery too. It's only because there is only like 3 battery manufactures across the country so selection is really "limited" I have the interstate AGM which is also made by one of the 3, Interstate doesn't make them they are made by johson controls, they used too make there own some time ago
I cant believe mine has made 4 years already the heat here kills them

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, hey a new battery is a good thing, if you go to like autozone and orielly and napa and look the battery they are all the same they just slap there sticker on it is all. I think walmart has the same battery too. It's only because there is only like 3 battery manufactures across the country so selection is really "limited" I have the interstate AGM which is also made by one of the 3, Interstate doesn't make them they are made by johson controls, they used too make there own some time ago
I cant believe mine has made 4 years already the heat here kills them
I am coming up on 4 years on my duralast gold and it has a 7/25 sticker on it knock on wood

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paulpen