What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your model have the louvers cut into the inner fender? I think their purpose is to keep large debris from being sucked up into the airbox.

View attachment 431393

it does, I thought it was a bit weird, something to do with how air flows around thru the fender? they are angled up, like air would flow down into the fender well. it's pretty sealed up really, besides what comes in around the headlight, I didn't see a real air pathway to the box they made behind the air box.

just for a test I ran my hose from the fog light hole, up to the louvers and just zip tied it there. didn't see the point in cutting them up just testing stuff.

I very well could be feeding it with two pressure sources, around the headlight and the hose. I may move it so that the hose gives it an exit to a lower pressure area. get some fresh air flowing thru it to cool off the area. still seems weird to me I'd pick up over 10deg from the grill to 6in after the air filter. I was able to check this morning. the outside air was a little different reading than intake, but as soon as I started it. it jumped straight to the same temp, and then maf temp slowly climbed as I drove to work, while the outside air stayed the same.

right now I think my maf is just getting to much radiant heat where it's at. so the temp reading might not be reliable.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

that power core filters is the one I'd like to run. I believe it's a good one for flow and filter.

that looks like the volant box, I've almost bought it twice. they seem to have a ram air tube for it, but I'm not sure it would fit mine.

I didn't know corsa made one.

have you seen the vararam intake? I really like that design, gets completely away from the hot fender and gets it's air from a nice cool high pressure source right in front. but sadly mine has its 2 coolent reservoirs and 2 coolent pumps right where it runs. so not something I can easily move around.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that power core filters is the one I'd like to run. I believe it's a good one for flow and filter.

that looks like the volant box, I've almost bought it twice. they seem to have a ram air tube for it, but I'm not sure it would fit mine.

I didn't know corsa made one.

have you seen the vararam intake? I really like that design, gets completely away from the hot fender and gets it's air from a nice cool high pressure source right in front. but sadly mine has its 2 coolent reservoirs and 2 coolent pumps right where it runs. so not something I can easily move around.
I’ve not seen the vararam intake :shrug:

The volant and this Corsa may very well be at the least very similar if not the same. I know the price is super similar. I jumped on this one because I got it at a $50 discount. I ran a Corsa intake on my ‘17, too, and liked it so knew I’d get one for my ‘09 once I had enough pennies collected. It’s a nice quality unit for sure :waytogo:

Only downside is the instructions suck pretty good but other than that I’d recommend

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve not seen the vararam intake :shrug:

The volant and this Corsa may very well be at the least very similar if not the same. I know the price is super similar. I jumped on this one because I got it at a $50 discount. I ran a Corsa intake on my ‘17, too, and liked it so knew I’d get one for my ‘09 once I had enough pennies collected. It’s a nice quality unit for sure :waytogo:

Only downside is the instructions suck pretty good but other than that I’d recommend

I'd like to see it in person and what kinda filter it used but seems like it probably goes right where baffles they fall apart go.

Screenshot_20240629-141607.png

Reaction score
it does, I thought it was a bit weird, something to do with how air flows around thru the fender? they are angled up, like air would flow down into the fender well. it's pretty sealed up really, besides what comes in around the headlight, I didn't see a real air pathway to the box they made behind the air box.

just for a test I ran my hose from the fog light hole, up to the louvers and just zip tied it there. didn't see the point in cutting them up just testing stuff.

I very well could be feeding it with two pressure sources, around the headlight and the hose. I may move it so that the hose gives it an exit to a lower pressure area. get some fresh air flowing thru it to cool off the area. still seems weird to me I'd pick up over 10deg from the grill to 6in after the air filter. I was able to check this morning. the outside air was a little different reading than intake, but as soon as I started it. it jumped straight to the same temp, and then maf temp slowly climbed as I drove to work, while the outside air stayed the same.

right now I think my maf is just getting to much radiant heat where it's at. so the temp reading might not be reliable.
The air filter box opening is right above these louvers. The is where the engine gets its air and my Yukon has no real opening under the headlight, so the air is brought in from this low pressure area of the fender just in front of the wheel well. I think the louvers are there to keep any leaves, plastic shopping bags, etc getting sucked up into there

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought a spare tire winch from eBay? Good, bad, or indifferent?
I need to replace the original one on thecopcar. It won’t lift the tire back up.
I have seen the oem ones on there, I don't think they cost much price is a probably a toss up between rockauto/amazon/ebay
i see the skp for $55 and dorman for $89 on rockauto
aftermarket on ebay for $34
hell could probably just grab one from the junkyard should be the same part for a lot of years like 00-20

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The air filter box opening is right above these louvers. The is where the engine gets its air and my Yukon has no real opening under the headlight, so the air is brought in from this low pressure area of the fender just in front of the wheel well. I think the louvers are there to keep any leaves, plastic shopping bags, etc getting sucked up into there

I'll have to look at it again next time I have it up in the air. I was looking for air coming from the front and didn't see anything. that's why I was thinking just the space between the head light and bumper cover. everything else seemed very sealed up.

if it is just pulling air in from the under side, that would explain when it's warmer than outside.

I could have sworn Volant sold something like this for the suv's as well, but it I can only find the trucks now.

Screenshot_20240629-210933.png

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have to look at it again next time I have it up in the air. I was looking for air coming from the front and didn't see anything. that's why I was thinking just the space between the head light and bumper cover. everything else seemed very sealed up.

if it is just pulling air in from the under side, that would explain when it's warmer than outside.

I could have sworn Volant sold something like this for the suv's as well, but it I can only find the trucks now.

View attachment 431453
After i ventilated the hood on thecopcar the incoming air temperature dropped pretty dramatically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sammy123