What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
about 3000 mackerals, better than 6, would be cheaper if I had them just do the 1 lifter and put the head back on but better to just do the whole bank and get the head resurfaced
I really don't think you needed to change that bad lifter. JUST kidding, read on. So, I was picking up my daughter a while back at the airport and as I pulled into the cell phone lot I see another 2011 WHITE Suburban LTZ just exactly like the twin of mine backed into a spot in the back row. So me being me I backed in right next to it on their drivers side. I see the driver dinking on her phone for a while, then I see the recognition as she sees my bumper and looks along the car and looks over at me. So I roll down my window and we had a very nice conversation about our Suburbans. They bought it new and have about 205,000 miles on it. No issues ever and change the oil whenever the oil monitor says to. Best car they ever had and going to keep it forever. Finally she gets a text from her husband that he is ready to be picked up. She fires up the Suburban - TICKYTICKYTACKTACKTACKYTICKYTACKTACKTACKTACK!!!! Then she gave me a friendly wave and off she went!
So changing lifters may be overrated. No pictures because I already was afraid she might think I was a Suburban stalker. I do wish I had a video though.

Chevymec

Reaction score
I fixed my passenger side one a while ago now the drivers side is mostly not working I think I'd rather just change the whole motor. Got a link?
20756891,GM0817558 Power Folding Door Mirror Motor Left/Right Compatible with 2007-2013 GMC Yukon Sierra, Chevrolet Tahoe Suburban Silverado, Cadillac Escalade Replace GM0817558,20756891 https://a.co/d/00DhuMff

$49. I was a few bucks off.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don't think you needed to change that bad lifter. JUST kidding, read on. So, I was picking up my daughter a while back at the airport and as I pulled into the cell phone lot I see another 2011 WHITE Suburban LTZ just exactly like the twin of mine backed into a spot in the back row. So me being me I backed in right next to it on their drivers side. I see the driver dinking on her phone for a while, then I see the recognition as she sees my bumper and looks along the car and looks over at me. So I roll down my window and we had a very nice conversation about our Suburbans. They bought it new and have about 205,000 miles on it. No issues ever and change the oil whenever the oil monitor says to. Best car they ever had and going to keep it forever. Finally she gets a text from her husband that he is ready to be picked up. She fires up the Suburban - TICKYTICKYTACKTACKTACKYTICKYTACKTACKTACKTACK!!!! Then she gave me a friendly wave and off she went!
So changing lifters may be overrated. No pictures because I already was afraid she might think I was a Suburban stalker. I do wish I had a video though.

she had no idea the $6k plus bill she was about to get hit with.

such a shame gm did that to these trucks. 200k is good thou.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about 3000 mackerals, better than 6, would be cheaper if I had them just do the 1 lifter and put the head back on but better to just do the whole bank and get the head resurfaced

I can never remember the details. you said it was a new motor with 100k and afm turned off in tune?

did they say what happened to the lifter?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can never remember the details. you said it was a new motor with 100k and afm turned off in tune?

did they say what happened to the lifter?
it was new a motor about 90k ago, but ya I have had afm turned off. I am going to go by there on monday and see what details I can find, I'll see if they let me back there to pick the tech's brain a little and look at the lifters. I have driven it pretty hard it's hasn't been babied by any means, but I have changed the oil every 3k, plugs got changed at about 50k
I don't know of anyone that drives like me unless they are on the track and I have actually calmed down a lot compared to 10-15 years ago
I think my average highway speed has probably increased but less pedal to the floor, easing into it a little bit helps not break stuff as much

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it was new a motor about 90k ago, but ya I have had afm turned off. I am going to go by there on monday and see what details I can find, I'll see if they let me back there to pick the tech's brain a little and look at the lifters. I have driven it pretty hard it's hasn't been babied by any means, but I have changed the oil every 3k, plugs got changed at about 50k
I don't know of anyone that drives like me unless they are on the track and I have actually calmed down a lot compared to 10-15 years ago
I think my average highway speed has probably increased but less pedal to the floor, easing into it a little bit helps not break stuff as much

super interested in what you find if they let you see the lifter. you caught it so early. I wonder what they failure point is.

I don't remember, but I'm guessing it was a afm cyl? if it didn't hurt the cam, I'm guessing not the roller or the trays. it wasn't ticking loudly, so I feel like the afm part didn't release and get stuck. that kinda only leaves the normal plunger part of the lifter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thegov357

Latest posts